Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Need Information

I studied the MCE website and I understand that an aircraft model must be pre-coded into MCE in order to have voice interactive crew functionality.

BUT, as a predominantly GA simmer who uses the simulation leveled with real flight training the feature that interests me most is the ability to use voice with native ATC. 

My question about the Ultimate version is, does the voice ATC interaction work with any plane or must they be configured for it in MCE along with the crew functions?

I fly A2A GA in Prepar3d 64 bit.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I studied the MCE website and I understand that an aircraft model must be pre-coded into MCE in order to have voice interactive crew functionality.

BUT, as a predominantly GA simmer who uses the simulation leveled with real flight training the feature that interests me most is the ability to use voice with native ATC. 

My question about the Ultimate version is, does the voice ATC interaction work with any plane or must they be configured for it in MCE along with the crew functions?

I fly A2A GA in Prepar3d 64 bit.

Thanks.

The ATC feature is completely independent and can be used with ANY airplane. You won't even need to use the co-pilot, although you will discover MCE supports many planes that aren't even listed. Most Carenado and A2A planes are supported.

In this video, David is using Radar Contact ATC (which is also supported as well as PF3 ATC)

<media> 

Here is one with Native FSX ATC. Same can be done in MSFS and, Prepar3D

<media> 

</media>

I will definatley try out the free sample but I am leaning toward Ultimate. I want to do voice for ATC. Vatsim is nearly as complex as actual flight training and vPilot is not friendly to use in full screen sim. Also, coverage can be spotty. Native ATC is rather superficial but it covers basics.

I think MS, Laminar, and LM put way too much effort into eye candy scenery and too little into something as fundamental to flying as ATC. Flying the aircraft themselves are not that hard. I know, the Cessna I train in is not much harder than driving a car. But the FARS and COMMS add a lot of challenge. COMMS are more important than scenery.