Sign in to follow this  
Erv Moore

RealAir's SF260 demo...?

Guest Rickg6uzt

Oops, Typo! " Star Letter"!Rick.

Guest sunbear

I purchased the SF260 for FS9 and just recently purchased it for FSX. In my many years of flight-simming, I can safely say that Real-Air Simulations is one of the best and Rob Young offers not only top notch realistic aircraft but outstanding support. Yes, I would highly recommend any of his aircraft. Regards,jack

LOL, Rob's the king at what he does, but let's not forget the other RealAir team member. Sean Moloney is responsible for the visuals and those fluid gauges that we all love. How about a tip of the hat to him, too. ;-)

I agree Bill. Because I do most of the support, my name gets around a bit more than Sean's, so let me put in a word for my partner in crime: In our seventh year of partnership now and I still am in awe of Sean's talents.All the Best,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest Shalomar

Rob; I see you are in this thread... One thing that bothers me about the FSX version of this bird is that on the right seat version, there is only grey panel where the second airspeed and altimeter were in the FS9 version. Even with TrackIR, those guages come in handy in a left hand pattern... any way to get them back??? I am partial to the right seat...Best Regards, Donald Traill:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi Donald,That is the price paid for the ability to have two (left and right) panel configurations. A lot of optimising had to be done and I expect Sean made a decision that the extra gauges were surplus. I'm afraid we cannot redesign the whole panel based on one individual request!My old instructor used to tell me to not to be a too much of a slave to primary gauges in the pattern but check now and again.Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

>My old instructor used to tell me to not to be a too much of a>slave to primary gauges in the pattern but check now and>again.I don't know how the "shift Z" readouts would be using TrackIR, but that's all I use for airspeed in the pattern. More times than not, I don't have enough panel in view during pattern work, and looking for those little computer monitor sized dials is sometimes a hassle anyway. Shift Z is great for quick glances, while concentrating on other factors.L.Adamson