Sign in to follow this  
Secret Hamster

AIRAC 2207 ghost NITON CTA, from navigraph

I've just installed latest AIRAC 2207 onto my Ubuntu 20.04 system running LNM2.6.19 and I am getting a fake CTA across the eastern part of Wales from 3,000ft to 19,500ft

https://ibb.co/KDfZG38

Here's the information about that area in the centre

https://ibb.co/sJWsP53

After extensive searching on the Navigraph site I cannot find that CTA. From what I can see it's an amalgamation of a set of a bunch of CTAs as seen by this highlight

https://ibb.co/6g0xr4c

Which is a collection of at least 12 CTAs. I don't seem to be able to filter it out. I don't know how the data is presented and I'd be happy to know how to troubleshoot further if anyone knows how to report bugs.

Best Regards

The Secret Hamster

So I've done some digging into the provided navigraph sqlite database for LNM

I've noticed that in the table boundary there are two columns. For most of the CTAs you get a multiple_code and a time_code

But for these two CTAs (and many more), there is a multiple_code but a NULL time_code. This may not be enough, and I'll have to track down some of these other CTAs I'm seeing.

I'll also try backing up the dbase and making some adjustments to see if that clears the

So possibly found some more of these. Looking at them they don't seem to make a great deal of sense

So in boundary table, ids 34 and 45 which are PORT MORESBY. Again we seem to have overlapping areas where the Z multiple_code covers the others, in this case it seems to be A-E codes

The sql query below is how I'm looking for the data.

select * from boundary where multiple_code is not NULL and time_code is NULL;
select * from boundary where name like '%port moresby%';

So I've just tried this on the little_navmap_navigraph.sqlite db and seems to get rid of the issue I'm talking about, but it's what can be done about the misleading information that seems to be being provided, unless we can provide some clarification to the meanings of some of the airspaces/boundaries.

delete from boundary
 where boundary_id = 1566;

This is or was a display issue as far as i remember.

I add the multiple_code to the name in 2.6 which is not right and confusing. I changed this in the 2.7 alpha (see pinned post). Try the alpha. You can run this parallel with the stable. See instructions in the post.

Alex