Sign in to follow this  
ThierryD

Learner deletes parked updates xml file

I wanted to use the learner to build a parked updates xml file without having to run the sim. I have done this numerous times before but now I noticed the xml file for the selected airport gets deleted every time you launch the learner program and it only saves the new updates for the current session without adding to the previous information.

This is with SKBO (payware) and P3D.

Here is what the end of the log looks like:

>>>

19:09:37 The parking airport is SKBO (BOG)
===> ===> deleting parked_updates\SKBO.xml
Airport file read from thirdparty_airports\SKBO.xml for Eldorado Intl, PSXT_P3D-31.15.3-Aug  5, 2022
    supplier: Unknown 3rd-Party
    altitude: 8360
    home_base: 
    max_two: 
    num_parkpos: 122
        38 with AFCAD airlines info (31%)
    auto_correct: 0
    days: 0
    real_only: 0
    not yet updated

Close window button clicked, closing down ...
QNH Reader has stopped
Exiting: USER CLOSED SIM
19:11:01 User closed Learner
19:11:01 3 updates for SKBO (BOG)
Traffic Reader has stopped
19:11:01 parked_updates\SKBO.xml saved
RUNNING=false
MAIN_WINDOW_X=-779
MAIN_WINDOW_Y=525
Sat Aug  6 19:11:02 2022

<<<

Is there something special I need to do to be able to run the learner multiple times with the same airport without losing the "learning" from previous runs?

11 hours ago, ThierryD said:

supplier: Unknown 3rd-Party   

That's because the supplier of your add-on airport is not know.n... I'll fix this in the next version.

However, you can solve it yourself too, by filling in a supplier name, then it will stay.

And please let me know the supplier, so PSXT may detect it the next time.

2 hours ago, kiek said:

That's because the supplier of your add-on airport is not know.n... I'll fix this in the next version.

However, you can solve it yourself too, by filling in a supplier name, then it will stay.

And please let me know the supplier, so PSXT may detect it the next time.

I'm guessing its PKSIM ( Developer) available from Simmarket

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.