Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio47

No connection to XP11

Hi Gerald,

I have not used MCE for some time with XP11 and tonight I hit a problem..... In spite of me already having used MCE it asked me to close XP and do the first setup. OK I did that, then started XP11 (windowed) and after the plane was loaded and sat on the apron I started MCE again only to see it open and telling me that it was trying to connect to the simulator. After some time the error came up that I should check for the presence of the two xplinsider files.

They were not there and I copied them from the original archive to the XP root directory. Started again...
only to find out that the issue was still there.

As you can see, in the second screenshot, there is 0% CPU usage and 9.8MB memory used.

Can you help, please?
Thank you
Juergen

Pics are attached.
spacer.pngspacer.png

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

1 hour ago, Scorpio47 said:

Hi Gerald,

I have not used MCE for some time with XP11 and tonight I hit a problem..... In spite of me already having used MCE it asked me to close XP and do the first setup. OK I did that, then started XP11 (windowed) and after the plane was loaded and sat on the apron I started MCE again only to see it open and telling me that it was trying to connect to the simulator. After some time the error came up that I should check for the presence of the two xplinsider files.

They were not there and I copied them from the original archive to the XP root directory. Started again...
only to find out that the issue was still there.

As you can see, in the second screenshot, there is 0% CPU usage and 9.8MB memory used.

Can you help, please?
Thank you
Juergen

Pics are attached.
spacer.pngspacer.png

With XP-11, you need the following files in \Xp-11\Resources\Plugins\ folder (NOT root X-Plane folder)

xpInsider64.dll

xpInsider.cfg

xpInsider32.xpl is only needed for XP-10

Assuming there are no errors with X-Plane startup log when it loads the "xpInsider64.xpl", and assuming Windows doesn't block communication between ""X-Plane.exe" and "xpmce.exe", MCE should be able to connect to X-Plane

With Windows UAC enabled, you need to install MCE to default path.

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

With XP-11, you need the following files in \Xp-11\Resources\Plugins\ folder (NOT root X-Plane folder)

xpInsider64.dll

xpInsider.cfg

xpInsider32.xpl is only needed for XP-10

Assuming there are no errors with X-Plane startup log when it loads the "xpInsider64.xpl", and assuming Windows doesn't block communication between ""X-Plane.exe" and "xpmce.exe", MCE should be able to connect to X-Plane

With Windows UAC enabled, you need to install MCE to default path.

Hello Gerald,

thank you for your (as always) quick and on target advice! 😅

With those two files in the plugin folder (I wrongly assumed that the "X-plane installation folder" mentioned in the error window was the root folder, sorry) and all other elements unchanged it made the connection and I now was able to start and USE the FO working for me in MCE... 👍

Thank you for your quick help and have a great week in good health and bearable temperatures...

Cheers
Juergen

• Like 1

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

3 hours ago, Scorpio47 said:

Hello Gerald,

thank you for your (as always) quick and on target advice! 😅

With those two files in the plugin folder (I wrongly assumed that the "X-plane installation folder" mentioned in the error window was the root folder, sorry) and all other elements unchanged it made the connection and I now was able to start and USE the FO working for me in MCE... 👍

Thank you for your quick help and have a great week in good health and bearable temperatures...

Cheers
Juergen

You're welcome.

Have a good one too.