Hello

LITTLENAPMAP is great. Is HUGE, I like it very much and is...free. Is a great work and is very easy to use it.

I do not know how to know the altitude of de elevation for take the G/S of the ILS of each runway with ILS. I can´t find it. Is possible to know this, please? LNM has it ? Is very important to know it. 

Thanks

Edited by julesta
error

Hello,

on ILS Airport charts, you'll see an horizontal line before the descent begins. It's the altitude of GS interception. Habitually 2000ft above ground for 3°slope.

Remind that, for the Auto pilot in approch mode, you must be under the interception altitude so that the Auto Pilot takes command of descent. If you are too high the plane will remain at the same altitude and go over the airport...

On this chart, the interception alt is a bit higher at 2500ft due to security limits.

The interception point is D6.7, max speed 185kt

Take care of current AIRAC cycles (today : 2208)

spacer.png

If you want make fine approaches, NAVIGRAPH is the best (even if it is payware but quite cheap for annual choice)

Good flights

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4,4GHz, RAM 16 Go, CG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go. Écrans 2x22", 1x7" et 2 tablettes 10".
Simulateur : Prepar3d V4.5 Hardware : Saitek/Logitek ProFlight Yoke + 2 quadrants, radiopanel, multipanel, rudders

Site perso simulation de vollogosimu.png

In fact, after activating an airport, you can display its procedures.

Here are the ILS 15 for Birmingham : (sorry, french version)

spacer.png

For CEDAR third column shows 2 500/B 185 : meaning altitude 2500ft, speed Below 185kt
IAF : initial approach fix :name CI15, Above (or equal) 2 500ft
Then FI15 (Final Approach Fix) alt Above or equal 2 500ft CRS/HDG 146°

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4,4GHz, RAM 16 Go, CG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go. Écrans 2x22", 1x7" et 2 tablettes 10".
Simulateur : Prepar3d V4.5 Hardware : Saitek/Logitek ProFlight Yoke + 2 quadrants, radiopanel, multipanel, rudders

Site perso simulation de vollogosimu.png

Arrive at the FAF altitude as @albe06 indicated. LNM shows this in the elevation profile and forces the flight plan altitude to the FAF and FACF to avoid arriving too high.

grafik.png

But you need to select an approach procedure to see this. Otherwise you're on your own.

Thanks for the answers @albe06 and thank you for the kind words @julesta!

Alex

Thank you ALBE06 and thanks ALBAR965

I know how to make an ILS and I understand the charts more or less; but in LNM with a huge information (I can´t understand how it is possible and I do not know, how many hours, days, years of hard work has into it..., Congratulations) I will hope that when I see the green cone of the ILS in each airport, that It has a lot of information, the altitude of interception was here also. Now, when your help (both) I can find it easily.

Yes I´m using NAVIGRAPH and I´ve the last AIRAC. NVG it´s a great piece of SW, however the ONLY difference with LNM is that you can put the chart front the route. The rest is LNM much more complete and visually nicer. If LNM will have this,  I only will use LNM. The first time that I saw LNM I said WHAT! My God!. It´s a piece of SW huge, nice, clever, very clever. Yes NVG is ... cheap?, not really, but if you want to have the last AIRACS, you must to pay for it ...

Ok, Thanks again and I hope to use LNM forever.

A great hug, Your friend

Julio  

Edited by julesta

@julesta Hi Julio, thank you a lot for the kind words. Really appreciate it! 🙂

How LNM is possible? I neither understand how.🙃 It's already for more than six years in development and still continuing. See the pinned thread about the alpha / test version.

Alex

• Upvote 1