Sign in to follow this  
harpsi

Dual monitor, one computer

Hi, 

I would like to set up the second monitor. I will need it just for some flight preparation while I am at the cockpit in the main monitor, and also for other tasks like working, internet and so on, while the flight is on cruise altitude.

Two questions:

1. Do I lose MSFS performance in terms of frames with this second monitor only for other tasks?

2. Can I connect the second monitor with HDMI connection? I think the videocard supports more than one connection.

I have i9-10900K without OC and videocard Asus RTX 3090 OC 24GB.

Thanks.

As long as you have enough system ram to support all of the applications you are running concurrently you should not see any drop in FPS. I manage running MSFS concurrently with several other applications  on 16GB of ram. However, if you do fill up your ram, every running program will struggle. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

If you have, I should use your onboard video port for the second monitor and your graphic card for the sim.

That should take the load off your 1070TI and you should not have any (or very little) FPS loss.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

If you have, I should use your onboard video port for the second monitor and your graphic card for the sim.

That should take the load off your 1070TI and you should not have any (or very little) FPS loss.

I have RTX 3090. Where is that port?

Then, no second HDMI port, right? 

This videocard has 3 displayports 1.4 and 2 HDMI 2.1. My main monitor is now connected to the first displayport.

Edited by harpsi

2 hours ago, harpsi said:

Where is that port?

It is on your motherboard.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:04 PM, Silicus said:

It is on your motherboard.

I already tried... Indeed this mobo doesn't have that onboard port. All the MSI Z... ACE are the same... Also the monitor does not have the normal displayport. 😕

Maybe I need to find a set of cables for it. 

I can clearly see the ports on Z490 on the link you provided above. You have to enable onboard video in your bios.

2 hours ago, Silicus said:

I can clearly see the ports on Z490 on the link you provided above. You have to enable onboard video in your bios.

This model is the EDGE, not the ACE... I was already going into BIOS and no option appears. Mine does not have integrated graphics configuration...

https://storage-asset.msi.com/datasheet/mb/global/MEG-Z490-ACE.pdf

Edited by harpsi