Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How do I Uninstall FSGenesis Mesh?

I Like FSGenesis by itself. But its also conflicting with addon sceneries. Thats no good. So now, I either have to uninstall the entire (world Mesh) thing or I have to remove the files from specific locations that define the intruding area.I need uninstall FSGensis in the French Alps area. Where do I begin?Then problem with FSGenesis is, it does not go into its own directory somewhere where I can add like an addon scenery. IT copies the file all over the place and embeds itself with the default directory somewhere.Could anyone please guide me and help me bootstrap please.Much appreciated.ThanksManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

In your FSX directory, there is a folder named FSGDocs. That folder contains an uninstall log file for each product you installed and details the location of all of the files installed by the program.In addition, the Start menu has all of the products listed under FS Genesis with an accompanying uninstall routine for each. Regards,Jim Karn

Guest weeniemcween

Don't give up.Using the downloadable installers, you actually have the option of installing into a directory of your choice (Or with manual install, you have the files zipped). Then you can move all the bgls into one "scenery" folder within that directory. Add the directory to the scenery library and you can click it off and on. So instead of using the list of files to simply delete the bgls from the main fsx scenery folder, move them to a "scenery" folder in a newly created "FSG" (for example) directory. Then add that directory to the library. Again, you'll be able to turn it off and on.

Thanks Jim and Thanks weeniemcween.I'll take a look tomorrow and try what y'all told me. This is good.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter