Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

SmallPartRejectRadius

I'm finally enjoying FSX. I had thought that I couldnt have autogen buildings (and I didnt before SP1)but after SP1 I started having problems which I'm sure ya'll are familiar with...blurries and large colored shapes on the ground andoverall degraded performance compared to what I had 'tweaked out' from pre-SP1.anyway...If you havent yet tried the 'SmallPartRejectRadius=1,2,or4' addition to FSXthen you might want to. It (along with Jobscheduler/Affinitymask=1)seem to have enabled me to add back some buildings and still get fairto good performance. (trees=5000; buildings=1200).smallpartrejectradius=4.I dont see any graphical degredation and it seems to run so much better.I'm realy enjoying FSX now and I'm amazed at how realistic it actually is.Everytime I watch the news and the weather helicopter guy is flying over the town or if I'm watching racing or golf or whatever and they show aerial shots... it always makes me think "wow...FSX looks like that"They've apparently fixed the nighttime problem because flying at sunsetis now really nice.Maybe I had to just keep flying but I've reached that point where FSXlooks great and I'm wondering if I even need any add-ons. (please notethat my motherboard died and I was without FSX for a while but now thatits back it just looks so good) some better water colors would be nice. (ultimate terrain)thanks for reading and I hope you are also enjoying FSX (finally)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Glad you're happpy with FSX now. I'm only really posting this reply to see how the forum clock is doing. :-) Edit: Still 4 hours behind.