Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Enable greyed out feature - rain button inop

On install, I had the umbrella rain40.fx fixed file already installed.

I replaced it with the original file. Is there now a way to enable the rain/snow functions within the Fixer?

Thanks.

Edit: Also, is there a way to remove the special install 'reflective' texture. Its causing wings to look rainbow/oily and I think I'd prefer an unshiny texture.

Thanks again.

Edited by VeryBumpy
add Q

Uninstall and reinstall the libraries.

on second question the reflective texture is an environment texture showing trees and the ground, it’s similar to the original fs8 texture but it’s a cube map which is the form that the fsx dx10 engine uses rather than a simple 2D texture.  It is only ever used with legacy fs8 sdk aircraft - fs9 and later aircraft use variations of the same cube map texture in dx9 and dx10.

If your legacy aircraft look glossy  different to dx9 then they almost certainly have an 8 bit skin texture which defines the degree of reflectiveness and is inverted by the fsx engine,  you should find the affected aircraft texture which is not the reflection texture  and convert it to dxt1. If you are using fs8 aircraft ( they are quite rare outside freeware downloads) then i suggest using the dx10 toolbox and image tool to search for them and convert them all.

The other less likely possibility is that you have ticked the 8 bit fix which the controller will be warning you about if you run its self diagnostics.