Sign in to follow this  
Crabby

Make a button "hold" on

I am trying to assign a button (the thrust reverse lever of the HC Bravo) to the action HOLD REVERSE THRUST.  It seems to activate, but as soon as the other input is made (moving the throttles forward to increase the reverse thrust) the HOLD REVERSE stops.  This can be done within the in-sim profiles, however, I don't want to have it there if possible. 

Here is how it works with the in sim profile

I land and activate the reverse lever on my HC Bravo.  While the levers are up (it is assigned to only one lever, but i move both of them because why not), moving the HC Throttles forward increases the REVERSE thrust.  Once I stow the thrust levers, the throttles revert back to normal behavior. 

I believe the problem is that AAO is sending the command, but not "holding" it.   Ideas? 

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

7 hours ago, Crabby said:

Ideas? 

In my experience those Reverser Events do not work properly. This is not the same thing as the in-sim controller assignments. AAO can only use what Asobo provides in the SimConnect API, and when that doesn't work, there is no a lot that the app can do. See also: camera controls.

There are several options to script this or use a Combo to switch between thrust and reverse. The Combo should work like this: for every lever you create two Axis assignments in AAO, one for the throttle axis and one for the reverser axis. Then you assign a (the same) Combo button to both of those assignments, in "toggle" mode. And one of them has to have "Suppress axis event" activated for the Combo (so only one of the axis is active at any time). With this setup, the Combo button should switch betwenn thrust and reverse.

(mind you, I haven't tested this - it is off the top of my head)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

As for the initial question, with the SimConnect API there is no such thing as a "pressed" button. That would only work if the associated action has separate events for "button down" and "button up". If there is only the one single event, the only thing that one can do is to repeatedly send the event as fast as possible. The sim will either accept that - or it won't. But in this special case I believe that these two reverser "button" events are simply broken.

In the next version of AAO there will be a vJoy interface. This can then be used for triggering things inside the simulator controller assignments (doesn't feel right, but it works). Or Asobo will overhaul SimConnect at some point and natively provide all assignments (correctly) in the API that are present in the in-sim controller assignments. That would be great...

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Just reporting.  It almost works as you outlined.  The thrust reverser activation is pretty much spot on, but going out of reverse gets stuck.  

AAL??? Mark "Crabby"  Crabtree

logo_130208.png

Sorry, can't test it myself at the moment. The Beta has made MSFS unusable for me, I reach the cockpit only 1 time out of 6, the rest ends in CTD.

I would try to assign a THROTTLE_CUT event to the combo button. Know what I mean? So when you toggle the axis, the thrust levers are set to their lowest point too,

LORBY-SI