Sign in to follow this  
MrBlueSky

Landing Traffic not visible

18 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

Does the new version detect the presence of RealTraffic and if this new version is installed on a second pc without RealTraffic will the original second tick box for 'serving 2 PSXT instances' be available?

No it does not detect the presence automatically (could be a good idea).

You have to check RT at same PC in one (the one running RT) and uncheck it in the other(-s).

The other checkbox " serving .." is gone, because it is no longer needed.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

No it does not detect the presence automatically (could be a good idea).

You have to check RT at same PC in one (the one running RT) and uncheck it in the other(-s).

The other checkbox " serving .." is gone, because it is no longer needed.

Gotcha, thanks Nico. I'll update the version then on my 2 'client' pc's.

All now working perfectly.

3 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

Gotcha, thanks Nico. I'll update the version then on my 2 'client' pc's.

All now working perfectly.

Great.

Could you again re-download and re-install 31.17.6 and test it in your networked setup?

The checkbox "RT at same PC"  has been removed from the GUI.
PSXT detects RealTraffic automatically by checking the presence of C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\InsideSystems\RealTraffic.jar

Make sure you do not have RealTraffic at your 2 client PC's, otherwise it will not work ....

(You are licensed to have one version of RealTraffic installed, so it is not allowed anyway).

Nico

Uninstalled and reinstalled on all pc's in my network. Works perfectly on (my server) pc with RealTraffic and the (my 2 x client IG) pc's without RealTraffic.

So much simpler to install, configure and get running. We'll done.

1 hour ago, MrBlueSky said:

Works perfectly on (my server) pc with RealTraffic and the (my 2 x client IG) pc's without RealTraffic..

Just for clarification.

With "my server pc"  you mean the PC that runs P3D and has PSXT+RealTraffic, right?

If so what are your (PSXT GUI)  Client/Server settings at each PC (server and 2 client IG pc's)?

At the server PC I'd expect none (normal mode), but at the other PC's I'd expect either Client with setting the correct parameters, or none and  you have copied the liveries and airports data from the server to each client pc...

Edited by kiek

Yes ok sorry, ' my server' and 'my client' refer to my WidevieW setup, not to PSXT setup.

All of my pc's have duplicate p3d, airport addon & AIG installations.

So are you saying that I do not need AIG Manager installations on my 2 x IG (my client) pc's and can just copy over the airport and livery PSXT files?

Edited by MrBlueSky

18 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

So are you saying that I do not need AIG Manager installations on my 2 x IG (my vlient) pc's and cannjust copy over the airport and livery PSXT files?

Indeed, then you are sure every PSXT uses the same data. (To be sure, copy the liveries\Ai_liveries.xml file, not all the livery data).

You could also tick PSXT Client at the 2 X IG pcs and set the  3 parameters as described in Manual chapter 13 (and FAQ #23).

Also very important is to copy the updated_airports folder from your main PC to the other PC's, before you start a session. They have to be exactly the same.

Edited by kiek

Ok great, will give that a try. Do I not need to have the AIG simobjects on each pc.

Thanks Nico.

Edited by MrBlueSky

16 minutes ago, MrBlueSky said:

Ok great, will give that a try. Thanks Nico.

Correction: copy the liveries folder  (because there may also be a regcodes subfolder with files).

However, setting the parameters is a more sustainable solution.

3 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

Do I not need to have the AIG simobjects on each pc

Thanks Nico.

Probably out of my depth but just to clarify - if I set up a PSXT client & server configuration as per Man ch.13 that will sync all of the relevant files I.e.updated_airports and livery files between main and client pc's and will that increase simconnec traffic and create lag?

How do I then set up AIG? Do I still need to maintain an identical local matching AIG Manager setup on each pc or simobjects files or anything else?

Probably out of my depth but just to clarify - if I set up a PSXT client & server configuration as per Man ch.13 that will sync all of the relevant files I.e.updated_airports and livery files between main and client pc's and will that increase simconnec traffic and create lag?

No, you do not setup a client, server configuration, but: normal, client, client. At the main PC you setup PSXT+RT as if it was a standalone configuration. Here you have your AIG liveries, here you have your addon airports. Here you let PSXT generate the liveries and airports.

At the client PSXT's, you set the 3 parameters pointing to the folders at the main PC.  This does not generate any lag, because when the Client PC starts up it will proces the liveries\AI_liveries.xml file it obtains over the network, and build a fast accessible internal data representation, exactly like PSXT at the main PC does. This all happens only at the startup. 

Obtaining an airport over the network does not take place often so that overhead can be neglected, and most of the airporst you fly are available loacally in the copy of the updated_airports folder.

How do I then set up AIG?

That depends. If you run P3D at the main PC only, you have to setup over there only.

But if you have P3D at all three PC's, you have to setup AIG al all PC's

In the latter case you can setup a normal+normal+normal  configuration, with RT at the main PC only.

Then there is no need to set parameters, but you have to let each PSXT generate liveries and airports.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

No, you do not setup a client, server configuration, but: normal, client, client. At the main PC you setup PSXT+RT as if it was a standalone configuration. Here you have your AIG liveries, here you have your addon airports. Here you let PSXT generate the liveries and airports.

At the client PSXT's, you set the 3 parameters pointing to the folders at the main PC.  This does not generate any lag, because when the Client PC starts up it will proces the liveries\AI_liveries.xml file it obtains over the network, and build a fast accessible internal data representation, exactly like PSXT at the main PC does. This all happens only at the startup. 

Obtaining an airport over the network does not take place often so that overhead can be neglected, and most of the airporst you fly are available loacally in the copy of the updated_airports folder.

That depends. If you run P3D at the main PC only, you have to setup over there only.

But if you have P3D at all three PC's, you have to setup AIG al all PC's

In the latter case you can setup a normal+normal+normal  configuration, with RT at the main PC only.

Then there is no need to set parameters, but you have to let each PSXT generate liveries and airports.

WidevieW requires p3d at each pc which are set up with a discrete AIG setup. The current setup is a discrete 'normal'  config PSXT on each pc with RealTraffic on server only. Will leave 'as is' since working perfectly at the moment.

I'll leave you in peace now and thank you once again for your invaluable help.

If you ever need me to test anything on my network setup don't hesitate...

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1