Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Vanishing destination airports

Today was the second such annoying occurence, after a twelve-hour flight from KORD (FSDT scenery), I landed at Narita RJAA (DD scenery) which was not there... the runway and taxiways had lousy blurry textures and the whole airport was flattened and totally invisible.

Two days ago, it was after a three-hour flight from LPPT to EDDF where I landed with exactly the same phenomenon! I never ever had such a case before in close to two years. Has anyone else experienced this? The only recent change made to my computer - exclusively used for MSFS - was installing GSX, nothing else.

It looks as if the airport addon was not loaded by MSFS. Evidently both sceneries are correctly installed since I used them quite a number of times before - and recently - with GSX and without such problem. Any suggestion would be most welcome.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I had this happen once as well.  I can’t be certain, but I’ve had issues with having both AIGTC and GSX running at the same time.  I think simconnect might be limiting the amount of objects being drawn, although not sure why or how that would effect an airport.   At any rate, I don’t know the cause for sure, but this did happen to me.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

40 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I had this happen once as well.  I can’t be certain, but I’ve had issues with having both AIGTC and GSX running at the same time.  I think simconnect might be limiting the amount of objects being drawn, although not sure why or how that would effect an airport.   At any rate, I don’t know the cause for sure, but this did happen to me.

A simconnect overload should only affect the objects injected by simconnect, so AI traffic or GSX models, but not something that gets loaded by MSFS itself without simconnect (like the airport scenery). I'd think it's something server related, wouldn't be the first time for MSFS surely.

I had this problem as well.  I deleted the content.XML restarted the computer then relaunched MSFS and so far I'm back to normal.

Content.xml is in the Localcache folder 2 levels down from community.  C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

• Like 1

I’m also having the same issue of no arrival airport when running GSX & AIG TC together plus an issue of empty departing airports even though AIG TC and littlenavmap is showing ai traffic.

I only updated GSX a few days ago since launch and I hadn’t seen this issue before updating it. Having said that after landing in Vancouver last night  with no airport loaded I closed down AIG TC and was about to go to the main menu when I noticed the airport to start to load in and was able to taxi to the gate and use GSX

• Like 1

As very often in such cases, having read now three threads about this matter, there is as yet no clear indication as to what the reason can be AIGTC, GSX, MSFS?

For now, I shall unlink GSX, keep using AIGTC and revert to my previous pushback solution and see if I still have the problem or not. If the choice is no ground services or no AI traffic, it's an easy one. If it's caused by MSFS I should get this problem again.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I’ve reverted back to to AIG + LVFR AREX + Pushback toolbar and have done several flights so far now and I haven’t seen either issue so far 

Just out curiosity where any of you using the handcrafted Asobo airports when the issues occurred? I seen someone mention them on the GSX forum and two of the times no airport loaded in for me I was departing handcrafted airports