Sign in to follow this  
Guyzer10

FSX Payware addins price

Hello all, Just getting back into the flightsim again after a long hiatus away from the cockpit. I am using FSX as I can’t afford to upgrade my PC at the moment.

I was wondering what people think of why a good portion of FSX payware products that are still around are priced quite high? I known most are priced lower compared to pre MSFS 2020 time, however to me it still seams on the high side. 

The only reason I can think of is that there are a bunch of people like me who can’t or won’t get MSFS2020. (The AVSIM FSX forum seams to support this theory) Must still be a core crowd of FSX users still purchasing addons which keeps the prices high.

I could also be way off base here and I’m sure you will let me know 😁

Thanks. Happy flying. 

Might help if you provided some examples.  I have not seen any price increases and seem to see more frequent sales or product bundlings.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I know prices overall have dropped a bit over the last 2 years since MSFS2020 has come out. Just thinking they would of been lower. You always going to see sales and bundling even with Xplane and MSFS2020 addons. I could give specifics however Its more of a general/overall impression that I get when I see the prices. Prices have maybe dropped 10-20% overall? Not sure? Maybe more up-to-date simmers can give before and after pricing?

I'm not faulting developers in the least. If they can still get top dollar for an addon of a simulation that is outdated by 2 or more years, more power to them. They can use that money to develop addons for the more current flight sims.

I am just curious to see if others were seeing the same thing as I am ... Maybe not?

Thanks!