Sign in to follow this  
molleh

anyone else having problems w/ ATC text-to-speech audio?

not sure what's going on here - i'm not getting any audio from the default ATC text-to-speech systems, either Azure or offline. the output device is system default (which should be working fine, as all other sim audio plays correctly) but i get nada for voice. and it's not just "muted", because the ATC dialogues advance instantly, meaning the sim isn't even "trying" to play any TTS audio. any help would be most appreciated! 🙂

• Like 1

Are you sure the volume knob on the radio in the cockpit is turned up?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

On 9/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, Republic3D said:

Are you sure the volume knob on the radio in the cockpit is turned up?

Yeah, and I tried multiple different aircraft to make sure I wasn't doing something simple like that - no matter what, I get no ATC audio and the instant message delay indicating that no actual audio for voices is even being played.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 6:50 PM, jwhak said:

May be this... 

https://status.playfab.com/

Gotta make checking the servers part of pre-flight 😬

And I was getting ready to do a flight crud.

in this case i had done something quite silly and turned off ATC voices in the realism options, under piloting i believe... why this option exists there when there is also the one in sound settings i don't understand, but i still give myself 100% of the blame for this mistake. :P

Suddenly the ATC and copilot voices stopped working. I only hear the crackling noice of the PTT button being pressed by the virtual copilot. I enabled subtitles for at least read the messagex but those last only a fraction of a second, just like the crackling noise.

The knobs are at 100%, the volume sliders are not muted, I tried switching from Azure to off, to no avail.