Sign in to follow this  
husker_dingo

How to update ARTCC

Hi there!

I was flying PHTO to PHOG and I think I should have been handed over to Honolulu Center after departure. However I was handed over to SF Center. It seems MSFS2000 and Pilot2ATC are out of sinc here. I use navigraph and both MSFS and Pilot2ATC have the last cicle installed.

I have tried to follow the manual but I cannot find the bvcf.bgl nor an updated version of bgl2xml. As the manual refers to P3D and FSX I am unsure it applies to MSFS2000. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

unknown.png

You can just edit the Names and frequencies in TaxiMnt.

In TaxkMnt:

• Zoom the map to view Hawaii and a good portion of the surrounding ocean
  • Click on  the ARTCC tab
  • Press the "Show ARTCC Airspace" button
  • Zoom in a bit if necessary and you'll see that the Hawaii Center airspace is fairly limited.
  • You could change the SanFrancisco AIRINC name and frequency to Honolulu Center and some unused frequency

Even if you could update using fsaerodata, it would likely not change this.

Dave

No, but you'll see it's quite easy to make the changes.  I would recommend only making changes in a limited area, like around Hawaii, then fly it and see if you created any conflicting frequencies.  

Dave

On a related note, does anyone know of a good source of the real-life up-to-date sectors and frequencies? I'm starting to use LiveATC and finding that while there are gaps in the coverage (to be expected since volunteers provide the feeds) sometimes I'm getting frequencies that don't match up with the real life frequencies anymore. I can find general sector maps, but not where they're subdivided into high/low and the different areas within a major section.

Mark Lam