Sign in to follow this  
Amrick615

GTN 750 (or 650) install to DA50

Hello! 

Can anyone help me find a way to install RealtyXP's GTN750 or 650 into the Dassault Falcon? I've tried a couple of times, but I'm having trouble replacing the G530. If there's some setup files that anyone's created, I'd love to know!

Thanks all

12 hours ago, Amrick615 said:

Hello! 

Can anyone help me find a way to install RealtyXP's GTN750 or 650 into the Dassault Falcon? I've tried a couple of times, but I'm having trouble replacing the G530. If there's some setup files that anyone's created, I'd love to know!

Thanks all

See https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/622162-fsw-gps-management-tool/

spacer.png

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Thanks! 

I downloaded the installer from RealtyXP but bought the software from Flight1, whats the difference between the RealityXP and Flight1? 

21 hours ago, Amrick615 said:

Thanks! 

I downloaded the installer from RealtyXP but bought the software from Flight1, whats the difference between the RealityXP and Flight1? 

My understanding is Reality XP just happens to use the "purchase" software that Flight1 has. Flight1 got out of the GTN750 business quite a while ago. Unless something has changed, you can no longer buy a Flight1 GTN750. You could buy a Flight1 GTN750 at the time the Falcon50 was developed, so that is why the GPS Management tool has that option. The Reality GTN750 is regarded as an excellent GPS unit.

Al

Edited by ark

Understood, Thanks for helping me here@ I have the GTN750 installed, and it works like a charm! 

Only thing left is to figure out why I'm having engine failures 5 minutes into a flight. If you happen to locate a full tutorial pdf, that would be really helpful. I see the quick reference tables and checklist at least. 

(EDIT: Found it on the product page, see it here: Flysimware’s FALCON 50 – Flysimware

Thank you!

Edited by Amrick615

45 minutes ago, Amrick615 said:

Only thing left is to figure out why I'm having engine failures 5 minutes into a flight.

Hmmm... I have no idea. I have not seen reports like that before.

I'm having some issues with starting the engines. I just tried following a youtube video from cold and dark as well as the kneeboard checklist. Here's a couple things I'm seeing:

Failure warning panel "Lo Fuel" light is lit the entire time, regardless of refueling. I was able to start engines 1 and 3. Engine 2 would just spool up to 9% N1 and not do anything from there. Any thoughts here? 

I put the plane into "all systems off" as opposed to "ready to start". Is all systems off bugged or am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks!

I'm not aware of any inherent problems with the Falcon50. If there were I'd expect to see numerous posts here. Unfortunately I haven't used P3D or the Falcon 50 for a long time now and don't recall many of the details.

I don't know what you mean by all system off being bugged -- clicking that should simply turn everything off to cold and dark. I would use Ready to Start until you are more familiar with the plane. Also use Shift+2 and Shift+3 to load fuel, remove chocks, etc.

I seem to recall that to load fuel with the fuel truck, and to start the engines, you need the parking brake on, but not in the emergency position.

I also suggest that you read through, or search for topics, in the Falcon50 subforum here under Turbojet Aircraft -- lots of info there I think. 

Also, suggest that after starting the sim you always load the default F-35 aircraft first. We have found that this seems to help initialize variables before a complex aircraft like the Falcon is loaded. This has helped users in the past with an assortment of strange problems. After first seeing this type of suggestion from PMDG I started using the F-35 as my default flight loading into my local airport. I would then load the aircraft I wanted to use and if necessary switch airports, etc.

Finally, if you run out of ideas to try, you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Falcon50.

Al