Sign in to follow this  
delta88p

MSFS gauges became corrupted after add-on

Hi all,

First off, I apologize if this has been covered; I did not find any related posts.

This is not the first time the issue below has happened but it is the first time I cannot seem to fix it.

Recently, I installed FSLTL (freeware AI traffic package). Breaking the cardinal rule of adding one thing at a time, I also installed the Carenado PC12 and the Aerosoft Twin Otter.  

FSLTL was CTD so I uninstalled. Evidently, something went wrong and many of my gauges have become corrupted/no longer display correctly (no color, half the gauge missing or screen completely blank).  I doubt it was a direct result of the mentioned add-ons but rather, just one of those things that happens when you install and uninstall files in an application as complex as MSFS. I've been working through issues like these since FS98 and could always figure them out. MSFS, however, is beyond my grasp when it comes to troubleshooting.

I have tried uninstalling (deleting) and reinstalling default aircraft as well as the recent add-on A/C via the content manager - no luck. (this has worked in the past for similar issues)

I have tried to 'repair' MSFS - did nothing.

Am I looking at a reinstall or does anyone have an idea? Is there a way to reinstall all default gauges?

I've screen capped but do not belong to any photo hosting sites. 

Thank you,

R

i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 
16GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2070

Edited by delta88p
forgot to sign

1 hour ago, delta88p said:

I've screen capped but do not belong to any photo hosting sites. 

Try Imgur.. it is free.

• Upvote 1

Bert

3 hours ago, delta88p said:

Recently, I installed FSLTL (freeware AI traffic package). Breaking the cardinal rule of adding one thing at a time, I also installed the Carenado PC12 and the Aerosoft Twin Otter.

Do you have the cockspur C510 installed as well?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Do you have the cockspur C510 installed as well?.

I do not.  

I've uninstalled anything between the last good startup and the gauge failure.

R

OK, that does not look good... no idea what might be causing it though..

Bert