Sign in to follow this  
Deimos

Inertia Separator C208 (Analog Edition) help needed

Hey,

has anyone sucessfully mapped the inertia separator for the 208B Analog? I am stumped on this and could not get it to work

<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_HANDLING_Lever_InertSep_Template">
            <NODE_ID>HANDLING_Lever_InertSep</NODE_ID>
            <ANIM_NAME>HANDLING_Lever_InertSep</ANIM_NAME>
            <PART_ID>HANDLING_Lever_InertSep</PART_ID>
            <WWISE_EVENT_1>trimlock_lever_on</WWISE_EVENT_1>
            <WWISE_EVENT_2>trimlock_lever_off</WWISE_EVENT_2>
            <ANIM_LAG>100</ANIM_LAG>
            <INVERT_SWITCH_ON_CONDITION>True</INVERT_SWITCH_ON_CONDITION>
        </UseTemplate>

This seems to be the used template. I tried the  (L:myLVar, Bool) (B:DeIce_Engine1, Bool)  != if{ (&gt;B:DEICE_ENGINE1_TOGGLE) } mapping with sync but in that scenario myLVar does not even get set. Maybe I am doing something wrong there already. I am stumped and any help would be appreciated.

Don't know about the analog, but the default uses this BVar: (B:HANDLING_InertSep_Toggle)

LORBY-SI

Should be the same I guess here then. It is the template that has that. So that would go in the setter, right? And then DeIce_Engine1 in the getter? That never showed a 1 on myLVar for me though. I'll give it a shot. Thank you for your reply

2 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Should be the same I guess here then. It is the template that has that. So that would go in the setter, right? And then DeIce_Engine1 in the getter? That never showed a 1 on myLVar for me though. I'll give it a shot. Thank you for your reply

No. BVars always have the same name, with different endings depending on what you do with it.
In your case you would probably do this:
LVar: (L:myLVar, Number) 
BVar Get:
(B:HANDLING_InertSep)
BVar Set: 
(L:myLVar, Number)  (>B:HANDLING_InertSep_Set)

My mapping is different, because I only use the Toggle. I set my LVar to 1 every time I want to trigger the toggle.
LVar: (L:AAO_Inert_Sep_Toggle, Bool)
BVar Get:
BVar Set: 
1 (>B:HANDLING_InertSep_Toggle) 0 (>L:AAO_Inert_Sep_Toggle, Bool)

LORBY-SI

Hmm okay, I cannot find the Handling BVar. Well it was worth a shot. I will see if I can find anything on this. It bothers me to no end that this thing eludes me. I can set it via XMLVar InterSep but that does not do the animation and I like to see things move 😄

Thanks again.

https://imgur.com/a/6lgVhsc

10 minutes ago, Deimos said:

I cannot find the Handling BVar.

Find where? It doesn't matter if you "find" it for the BVar to work. Many variable names are built at runtime, you cannot "find" them anywhere before the sim is actually running.

The actual code can be found here:
\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-aircraft-common\ModelBehaviorDefs\Asobo\Common\Subtemplates\Handling_Subtemplates.xml
Line 2461, specifically line 2482, which defines the BTN_ID combined with 2497/2498
They use the _Toggle option here, but as I said, BVars are multi-functional. The name without an ending is the getter, and the setters can be anything the developer needs. _Set, _Toggle, _INC, _DEC etc.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Ah thank you for dragging a noob through here 😄 I thought if the BVar is not collected it would not work. Now it all makes sense. And it works!!! You made my day.

AAO doesn't have to "know" the name of a (any) variable for it to work.

That there are lists etc. of variables availabe in the app, those are just the basic collection for your convenience. But they cannot contain everything, because many items only exist at runtime and because the behavior definition files tend to be a bit of a mess...which is why AAO can't locate even all those that are there...plus, Marketplace aircraft are encrypted and the app cannot read from their files anyway - etc...

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Understood. Yeah this solved another problem I had with the new B350. Now it is doable for me with the SDK documentation. This really helped me a lot.