Sign in to follow this  
RedPxl

Traffic pattern direction

Using the latest P2ATC beta and XP12, I'm trying to change the pattern direction of a runway using the Taxi Maintenance tab but it always revert back to left if I click Save Change or click anywhere on screen. Been searching these forums and web, looking in the manual but could not find anything. What is the proper way to do this?

spacer.png

In order for changes in TaxiMnt to take effect, you have to Close Pilot2ATC and then start it again so it can rebuild the databases.

Dave

Edit:  Never mind.  There seems to be a bug.  I'll sort it out for the next Beta update.

Thanks!

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 1

Well, now I can change the pattern direction using the Taxi Maintenance tab, and save it so P2ATC load the right information after, but ATC still assign left pattern entry when requesting a VFR pattern entry. (including an image with Taxi Maintenance and the ATC convo pasted on top of it).
Using the latest beta 8J

I also tried requesting a departure to remain in pattern, and tower tells me to fly a left pattern.
      ATC: November Six Two Papa Quebec whinds are light and variable  Altimeter is Three Zero Three Three Cleared For  takeoff, Runway Three Five Fly a Left hand pattern For touch And goes On runway Three Five Remain On this frequency.

It could very well be a user error. Am I missing something?

spacer.png

After making changes with TaxiMnt, you have to save it, close TaxiMnt, then restart P2A so the changes are loaded into the main program.

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

After making changes with TaxiMnt, you have to save it, close TaxiMnt, then restart P2A so the changes are loaded into the main program.

Dave

Did all that, I actually did the TaxiMnt change a few days ago, saved it (which I could not do before your fix) closed TaxiMnt and quit P2ATC, today I started XP12 with P2ATC, and the pattern direction was still ok, but after, the Tower Controller still told me to fly the left pattern.

I will try the whole process with another airport and report back.

Edited by RedPxl

Ok just tried at 06FA where runway 27 have a right hand pattern, opened TaxiMnt and change pattern direction for 27 as seen on screenshot. Saved, closed TaxiMnt, had a message to save database, which I did, quit P2ATC, started XP12 and P2ATC, connected, open TaxiMnt making sure 27 was still set to right.

And still: (from the Conversation Text file)

Pilot: Tower Piper Two Papa Quebec Holding short Runway Two Seven;  Ready for Departure to Remain in pattern;
ATC: Piper Two Papa Quebec whinds are calm  Altimeter is Three Zero Zero Three Cleared For  takeoff, Runway Two Seven Fly a Left hand pattern For touch And goes On runway Two Seven Remain On this frequency.

I could try to reinstall maybe.

spacer.png

Edited by RedPxl