Sign in to follow this  
Denizsen99

Prepar3D V5 Won't Open

Hello everyone, after a while of saving money from my scholarship, i decided to buy a new add-on for my sims, I saw Sim Skunk Works' products and they impressed me a lot! But instead of choosing one of them (cuz my money was not enough for both), i got an idea, i saw they released some of their products for free for P3Dv5, so i thought if i buy v5 i can use both of their aircraft. I am already able to run P3Dv4.5 on my computer flawlessly with several add-ons and my computer is enough for the minimums of v5, i checked before buying it. But everytime when i try to run v5, it stuck like in the screenshot that i attached below. I tried every solution suggested on the net but still the same... So i paid for nothing? :((

Ads-z.jpg

1 hour ago, Denizsen99 said:

Hello everyone, after a while of saving money from my scholarship, i decided to buy a new add-on for my sims, I saw Sim Skunk Works' products and they impressed me a lot! But instead of choosing one of them (cuz my money was not enough for both), i got an idea, i saw they released some of their products for free for P3Dv5, so i thought if i buy v5 i can use both of their aircraft. I am already able to run P3Dv4.5 on my computer flawlessly with several add-ons and my computer is enough for the minimums of v5, i checked before buying it. But everytime when i try to run v5, it stuck like in the screenshot that i attached below. I tried every solution suggested on the net but still the same... So i paid for nothing? :((

Welcome to Avsim!

Perhaps your P3D v5 isn't loading for you because the new SSW add-ons need to be accepted, but the warning window is hidden behind the splash screen?
Description of the problem here.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Welcome to Avsim!

Perhaps your P3D v5 isn't loading for you because the new SSW add-ons need to be accepted, but the warning window is hidden behind the splash screen?
Description of the problem here.

Thanks first! 

Gonna watch the video, but SSW products can't be the problem because i haven't installed them yet.

And in the Textures download page of SSW products, they say they are for v5 only so they won't work on v4 properly right?

13 hours ago, Denizsen99 said:

But everytime when i try to run v5, it stuck like in the screenshot that i attached below. I tried every solution suggested on the net but still the same... So i paid for nothing? :((

Is this a native install of P3Dv5 with no addons installed?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is this a native install of P3Dv5 with no addons installed?

Yes, just installed the set up, but even can't load the sim so i couldn't get the activation page yet...

14 minutes ago, jorgensandersen said:

System specifications, including OS?

Jorgen

Windows 10 (just three days ago, i installed latest OS update)

Processor Intel Core i5 

8GB Ram, 4GB AMD Graphics card (but it says 2GB VRAM and 2GB Shared memory, i didn't understand what does it mean) 

With those specs i can run v4.5 without any problems. Processor and graphics card are original components, i changed my RAM from 4GB to 8 by myself. 

11 minutes ago, Denizsen99 said:

8GB Ram, 4GB AMD Graphics card (but it says 2GB VRAM and 2GB Shared memory, i didn't understand what does it mean) 

LM system requirements are 4Gb VRAM for v5. I suspect your card does not meet that requirement.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, just installed the set up, but even can't load the sim so i couldn't get the activation page yet...

Windows 10 (just three days ago, i installed latest OS update)

Processor Intel Core i5 

Ah.

With those specs i can run v4.5 without any problems.

P3Dv5 is a more demanding flight simulator, therefore it requires 4 GB VRAM. You only have 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (fine for P3D v4 purposes, but not v5).

I suggest you go here as quickly as possible, before your window of opportunity for a refund runs out:
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Alright, Thank you all for your support, i will go for a refund before i run out of chance, thread can be locked from now.