Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

UTX Question

Guest chinga

I've posted this on the UTX forums and have gotten no reply. Hoping someone here can help me out. Don't know if it is just my system or not but has anyone else had it happen that after installing UTX...the aircraft landing lights, airport lighting, and major city building lighting (Chicago for example) are so dim that you can barely see them? I cant see my landing lights at all when taxiing or takeoffs/landing. I have to be almost on top of the buildings before i can see the lights and upon take off...if i look back at airport...the runway and taxi lights are very dim and disappear altogether shortly thereafter.Intel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 158.27 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

All these lights are controlled by the halo.bmp file in your main texture folder. You have maybe installed some environment upgrade which has changed the halo file. Sometimes packages like Active Graphics etc write a new halo file which has a smaller spread.You can find custom halo files which produce a larger "glow". I have one from way back that does the job and I've stuck with it.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

And, in fact, Ultimate Terrain X comes with a custom halo.bmp file, which I happen to prefer, but, which perhaps you installed and have decided you don't like?The customized UTX and default halo.bmp files can be found at Flight Simulator XFlight One SoftwareUTUsaFsxTEXTUREHALOThe halo.bmp file is in your Flight Simulator XTexture directory. Just, after backing up the one in your Texture directory, replace that file with the one in the HALOFSX directory and it Should fix your problem. If not, we'll have to think of something else, or decide that you "upgraded" your halo.bmp file from another source and see if we can find the real file someplace else.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest chinga

I tried your suggestion but no change :-( The funny thing is at dusk setting...my landing lights and buildings are like they used to be...i can actually see them. If i set the sim for night...they're gone.Intel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 158.27 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD:-(

The halo.bmp is pretty much the only change that I am aware of that UTX might make to the default lighting (and really, it's a user choice to find it and do it).Perhaps you've loaded an effects package? The brightness of the various lights you describe I believe are handled by multiple effects files, and possibly other files.I'd suggest heading over to the scenerysolutions forums for more help. That's about the only place Allen frequents.Nice machine btw.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

If you happen to have X-Graphics it contains at least seven different halo files it will install depending on which theme you use.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.