Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Dataref warning ( deprecated ) i Beta 8...

Been getting a popup with:

sim / flightmodel / misc / cgz_ref_to_default 

on some airliners... 🤔

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

35 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Been getting a popup with:

sim / flightmodel / misc / cgz_ref_to_default 

on some airliners... 🤔

Known issue, should be "changed" in b9, if not def b10.

Edited by JGregory
  • Like 1

Yup. Having this on the ToLiss A319. Seems(?) to be working fine however.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 minute ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yup. Having this on the ToLiss A319. Seems(?) to be working fine however.

Yep, doesn't affect the Toliss nor the FF A320U

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

1 minute ago, jcomm said:

Yep, doesn't affect the Toliss nor the FF A320U

Offtopic, but how is the performance of the FF A320 for you? Had it for XP11 but found it pretty hard on performance.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

38 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Offtopic, but how is the performance of the FF A320 for you? Had it for XP11 but found it pretty hard on performance.

It's very fluid now in XP12.

The latest version - 1.5.2 - XP12-ready, is also an upgrade from the last I had used, long ago, with XP11. 

I tried a few autolands with x-wind and some shear and it performed acceptably, something it didn't do that well in the past.

One problem it appears to have inherited from previous versions is the overdone acceleration on the takeoff run. This is probably due to the fact that it uses an external flight dynamics model, I really don't know, but I look fwd for this particular detail to get addressed.

Ah! Sometimes ( not in all my tests ) I come accross this problem too:

uncomfortable mouse clicks - 320 Ultimate by Flight Factor - X-Plane.Org Forum

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

It's very fluid now in XP12.

Ended up getting it at the upgrade offer. However, trying to get the darned Airbus throttles to behave made me blow a head gasket. Will be the ToLiss this evening. 

Richard

2 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Ended up getting it at the upgrade offer. However, trying to get the darned Airbus throttles to behave made me blow a head gasket. Will be the ToLiss this evening. 

If you ever get the throttle sorted please let me know how... driving me mad..

Wayne

i5 9600k OC @ 4.6,LIQUID COOLED, INNO3D RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB RAM, 2 X 4TB HDD (MSFS & STEAM), 1 X 2TB M.2 SSD (XP12) TOMAHAWK MAG Z390 MOTHERBOARD, M.2 for OS WIN11, X52 PRO, TCA THRUSTMASTER AIRBUS CAPTAINS EDITION, TRACK-IR.    XP12    MSFS2020.   

59 minutes ago, wain said:

If you ever get the throttle sorted please let me know how... driving me mad..

It is maddening. Setting this up is a two minute job in the ToLiss but in this (")#"#= aircraft it is just about impossible. Found a guide at the ORG but as I haven't logged in in ages I couldn't remember my password and after a couple of attempts I was locked out for 45 minutes.... 🤪

Richard

4 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Hmmm, what exactly did happen? My throttles worked flawlessly the moment I loaded the FF A320 U for the virst time?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

9 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

It is maddening. Setting this up is a two minute job in the ToLiss but in this (")#"#= aircraft it is just about impossible. Found a guide at the ORG but as I haven't logged in in ages I couldn't remember my password and after a couple of attempts I was locked out for 45 minutes.... 🤪

Yeah toliss was fine, my FF issue is I can't seem to set the idle position, this then means that the other detents are out... frustrating for sure but in my case it may be operator error..

Wayne

i5 9600k OC @ 4.6,LIQUID COOLED, INNO3D RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB RAM, 2 X 4TB HDD (MSFS & STEAM), 1 X 2TB M.2 SSD (XP12) TOMAHAWK MAG Z390 MOTHERBOARD, M.2 for OS WIN11, X52 PRO, TCA THRUSTMASTER AIRBUS CAPTAINS EDITION, TRACK-IR.    XP12    MSFS2020.   

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

Hmmm, what exactly did happen? My throttles worked flawlessly the moment I loaded the FF A320 U for the virst time?

All sorts of wierd and illogical stuff. Axis being reversed despite the fact it shouldn't be. Really annoying. Will try later; trying out the newest version of the FENIX first.. 😉

• Like 1

Richard

22 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

All sorts of wierd and illogical stuff. Axis being reversed despite the fact it shouldn't be. Really annoying. Will try later; trying out the newest version of the FENIX first.. 😉

Fenix got a new verion ?  

Love that one !!! You really feel in the cockpit like in no other ... welll, together with the PMDG 737 and the FBW A320 !!! 

Main Simulation Rig:

Just now, jcomm said:

Fenix got a new verion ?  

Love that one !!! You really feel in the cockpit like in no other ... welll, together with the PMDG 737 and the FBW A320 !!! 

Yup. Released a number of hours ago! Wrong part of the forum I suppose but as it is your own thread I will indulge myself.. 😉

Been tricky to land it smoothly for a while and it has supposedly been (at least) partly fixed. Landing in an hour I'll let you know.. 🤪

Richard

21 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Yup. Released a number of hours ago! Wrong part of the forum I suppose but as it is your own thread I will indulge myself.. 😉

Been tricky to land it smoothly for a while and it has supposedly been (at least) partly fixed. Landing in an hour I'll let you know.. 🤪

I believe they had a problem with the blending logic, from Normal to Direct, in these last versions.

Puzzling how this ype of aircraft are actually simulated in XP and MFS. I found that the airfoils of the remarkable Toliss I love so much in XP are "pure garbage" bacause all is probably being done by dataref manipulation.

OFC having access to real Airbus airfoil data is not possible for such a product... FsLabs and FlightFactor use external flight dynamics. The FBW A320 has never had those problems, but some basic stuff like flying under asymmetric thrust is poorly modeled....

I miss my Thalion A320 🙂

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig: