Sign in to follow this  
franco4flyin

NO Flows for PMDG 737-700? Demo Help.

i downloaded the demo, did the set up.  Started MSFS, got in the PMDG 737 at the gate.  Started MCE.  Copilot came on but was useless.  He would not do anything other than read out checklists?  He did not do any of the preflight procedure flow and when I asked him to start an engine he mucked that up as well.  Do not see how this "supports PMDG 737". 

Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, franco4flyin said:

i downloaded the demo, did the set up.  Started MSFS, got in the PMDG 737 at the gate.  Started MCE.  Copilot came on but was useless.  He would not do anything other than read out checklists?  He did not do any of the preflight procedure flow and when I asked him to start an engine he mucked that up as well.  Do not see how this "supports PMDG 737". 

Am I missing something?

Go to \My documents\ folder and check you have these folders

\My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\ folder

There should be many folders, each containing pre-made flows for relevant aircraft.

The flows for PMDG 737should be inside \PMDG B737 MSFS\ folder.

The flows in that folder are the ones you should see when going to <Command> tab and clicking <Voxscript> button.

They can be customized to ANY real world or virtual airline SOPs and you can even cghange the trigger sentencs to anything that flows to your mind naturally, including speech in ANY language.

Besides the flows, you can pretty much give a direct command to FO to set anything at will.

Are you seeing the flows?

EDIT: I assume you went through the other app called "the wizard". If not, restore MCE to factory settings

Windows Start->Multi Crew Experience->Restoe factory settings.

Yopu'll have to go through the wizard at which point the folders are expected to be generated.

Edited by FS++

Thank you FS++. I did the install wizard again to be sure and everything went smoothly.  I do see the folders and files in my documents folder as you described.  I am in the sim with the app open and in box scrip tab I see the flows listed.   I said “ start electrical power up for external power” and he replied “beginning flight counter, my name is Clive, I always fell comfortable flying with you”. Then called me boss I think.  Second time around used “begin….” He replied beginig flight counter then tried to disconnect the external power…..ok third time he got it….   I’ll see if I can continue…thanks for the help!

Did get it working somewhat…noticed that the flow for pre flight overhead was not proper and he could not accept me verifying that the window heat he had turned on was indeed on when going through the checklist…kept telling me to check it again.  So I take it these are scripts made by users and have issues?  I’m going to look into the create and edit application for this, maybe if it’s not real difficult or time consuming I will make my own scripts.

thanks for the support.

4 hours ago, franco4flyin said:

I said “ start electrical power up for external power” and he replied “beginning flight counter, my name is Clive,

The flows names are the actual trigger sentences, so if you see "electrical power up with ground power", you should trigger it with that sentence.

Now here is what many people don't know.

Let's say you don't want to be bothered to remember the exact wording...

Simply rename the flow to anything that comes to your head naturally and voila, the new flow name becomes the new trigger sentence.

Now, select the flow and click <Edit>

You'll see a <Verbose> option. Enable it if you want to hear co-pilot comment on everything he does(some prefer it that way) or disable for silent operation.

Click <Edit script commands> and you should see a list of actions as part of that specific flow.

By default, the flow would have pretty much all actions required to setup a panel. Obviously not realistic.

But it's intentional. The purpose being to let you see what kind of speech commands you could give the FO directly to handle a specific switch.

It is then up to the user to either keep the flow as is, or simply remove the items he/she intends to handle manually. 

That way, you would get the perfect task sharing for ANY real world or virtual airline SOPs.

So, no bluffing with "our real world pilot adviser told us it's done this way"

There is no arguing about who should do what and when. You define your ideal crew simulation as per your airline SOPs.

What's more, you could create custom flows to handle say emergencies and add all the switching required as per QRH.

This is voicce control fit for recurrent training. No other package gives you the ability to create custom sentences that instruct Fo to perform a task we never programmed.

You can even rename the flow using a sentence in ANY language (not just English) and FO will perform it.

In "script commands" panel. click <Command> button and you should see a list box containing many of the built-in speech commands for a 737 NG Fo is trained to respond to and just add them to ANY custom flow.

MCE automatically inserts a pause of 2 seconds between two consecutive switching actions, therefore, only use the Pause command for significant wait commands.

Edited by FS++

Thank you again...you have been very kind with your time.    

Unfortunately I was only able to use the Demo 2 times during the trial period, (other commitments called me away from my free time) so I did not get things squared away completely.

But I believe I do understand how MCE works thanks to your explanations and from what I read.  It is very versitile, customizable, and I especially like that aspect of it.  

I see the true value of MCE is going to be the extent of commands that are programed into MCE by the MCE staff for a particular plane.  

I assume the PMDG NGX MCE.pdf is the command data base for MSFS 2020 PMDG B737-700?

If so is that a complete list of commands available?

And as important...how complete are the commands that would have multiple variables to evaluate? 

For example.  The YAW DAMPER Command.  It activates the YAW DAMPER switch to the ON position, but does it also evaluate the state of the YAW DAMPER light to be OFF?

Are these steps for each command viewable?

Thanks

Franco4flyin

9 hours ago, franco4flyin said:

Thank you again...you have been very kind with your time.    

Unfortunately I was only able to use the Demo 2 times during the trial period, (other commitments called me away from my free time) so I did not get things squared away completely.

But I believe I do understand how MCE works thanks to your explanations and from what I read.  It is very versitile, customizable, and I especially like that aspect of it.  

I see the true value of MCE is going to be the extent of commands that are programed into MCE by the MCE staff for a particular plane.  

I assume the PMDG NGX MCE.pdf is the command data base for MSFS 2020 PMDG B737-700?

If so is that a complete list of commands available?

And as important...how complete are the commands that would have multiple variables to evaluate? 

For example.  The YAW DAMPER Command.  It activates the YAW DAMPER switch to the ON position, but does it also evaluate the state of the YAW DAMPER light to be OFF?

Are these steps for each command viewable?

Thanks

Franco4flyin

You're welcome.

MCE was built from scratch for voice control.

Not a button control product where a button click is replaced with a single trigger sentence you memorize to the letter. Voice control wouldn't be fun that way.

Instead, we assumed that the target audience would be real world pilots or serious flight simmers and provided you know what a yaw damper or a pitot heat are (and the reason we have a Demo), you can just speak the jargon and MCE does its best to pick up as many variations in speech as possible.

And if the tens of thousands of speech commands available at any given time aren't enough we give you the power to create speech commands in ANY language, then teach your co-pilot to understand what you meant by that speech command of yours.

This is possible thanks to the Voxscript engine that took years to perfect (kind of a speech simulator).

No, MCE isn't like VoiceAttack where you say something and a key combination is sent to the sim without any regard to the state of the initial state of the switch.

So when you say "yaw damper on", "yaw dampoer turn on", "yaw damper activate" it means that. If it's already ON, you'll likely hear Fo say "already on" rather than toggle it the wrong way.

MCE has very deep integration with the plane and the PMDG SDK. Anything that moves can be accurately controlled.

Because of the massive amount of available speech commands at any given time, not counting ATC commands that only kick in when you hold PTT down, there is the possibility of the odd short speech command might be picked up by accident.

We recognized this years ago and we built a safety net whereby any critical and potentially disruptive command would require a confirmation first before FO carries the order. This way, you can have fun with your crew and not be edgy about the possibility of screwing up things beause you said the wrong thing at the wrong time.

If you wanted to build specific flows to handle abnormal procedures, you wouldn't even need to read the manual. See this video showing how you can just pick up built-in speech commands from a list box and add them to a flow. Ignore the FO voice used in it. David is using a TTS voice because he needs to have same Fo as Pilot2Atc. Other supported planes would have ad-hoc speech commands.

The product comes with 10 massive human recoded voice packs (3 only in Demo to minimize initial download and 7 other freely downloadable files).

<media> 

</media>

Now, before you eventually splash the cash, I have a duty to inform you that we just released the first separate package dedicated to PMDG 737 in MSFS only and at a very affordable price. What's more we added button control to it so anyone can use it, even those who don't understand a word of English and just want a bit of crew ambience.

It is available from Simmaket since last night

https://secure.simmarket.com/fs-limited-multi-crew-pmdg-737-msfs.phtml

Be aware, if you have 2 or more complex planes in you hangar, you'd be better off getting the MCE MSFS Edition which supports many of the complex planes in MSFS (PMDG 737, FENIX A320, FlyByWire mod, Aerosoft CRJ, CS 767, CS 777 & all Asobo planes). More planes to be supported via free updates. therefore definitely a better value for money. Not to mention the Ultimate Edition if you happen to have other sims like Pepar3D or FSX.

Button control which you didn't get to see in Ultimate Edition Demo will be added to other packages as well. It will just take longer because of the sheer amount of supported planes. We'll start with MSFS planes first.

Sorry for the long post.

Edited by FS++
typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, franco4flyin said:

Thank FS++ fir all the information and explanation.   Purchasing the full version..  

Thank you.