Sign in to follow this  
GERairborne272

Missed approach because traffic on runway

I really enjoy Pilot2ATC. There's just one thing that often bothers me. I get clearance from ATC to land. But shortly before landing I get the message to fly the missed approach because there is still traffic on the runway. However, the runway is often clear when I'm about to touchdown. It would be nice if there were an option for Pilot2ATC to ignore this or verify it again shortly before touchdown.

I believe this is an issue with the underlying MSFS traffic. It routes in traffic very close to each other and the AI traffic stops quickly and then takes for ever to clear the runway. A program would have to fully control traffic to include spacing and clearances. I believe Pilot2ATC tries to filter you in and control you based on the underlying traffic.

Thanks for your answer. I use PSXT as traffic. The distances between arriving aircrafts are based on real traffic. No issues with it. I also started to try to fly behind them with more than 5 miles distance. But sometimes is quite hard to do it at an airport with lots of traffic.

Yeah, but still, Pilot2ATC is not controlling the flow, only you. In the real world, ATC will usually asks us to keep 180 to the marker or some point to maximize the flow. If you are doing approach speed and the real traffic is moving faster, you will likely get passed up and sent around. Plus, you won't have the spacing since the real world controller does not see you. I guess that's why PSXT allows you to delete other traffic so you can join the flow. I have PSXT, but can't remember if it will delete aircraft that are close to you automatically. We have to get to a better solution where third party ATC can control all of the traffic. I do have Pilot2ATC and love my installed voices. I need to test it again since they have made some changes to the vectoring. From time to time, the controller just stops vectoring or not at all and I have to self vector.

20 hours ago, G550flyer said:

Yeah, but still, Pilot2ATC is not controlling the flow, only you. In the real world, ATC will usually asks us to keep 180 to the marker or some point to maximize the flow. If you are doing approach speed and the real traffic is moving faster, you will likely get passed up and sent around. Plus, you won't have the spacing since the real world controller does not see you. I guess that's why PSXT allows you to delete other traffic so you can join the flow. I have PSXT, but can't remember if it will delete aircraft that are close to you automatically. We have to get to a better solution where third party ATC can control all of the traffic. I do have Pilot2ATC and love my installed voices. I need to test it again since they have made some changes to the vectoring. From time to time, the controller just stops vectoring or not at all and I have to self vector.

Yeah but that's kind of the point - P2ATC can't control traffic, only respond to their position, so IMHO it makes sense to give the user an option to ignore AI when on final approach or something like that, at least until P2ATC (someday, hopefully) has the ability to control traffic as well. I've been using AIG and FSLTL traffic and there's like a 90% chance I'll be given a go around due to AI.

Edited by molleh

1 hour ago, molleh said:

Yeah but that's kind of the point - P2ATC can't control traffic, only respond to their position, so IMHO it makes sense to give the user an option to ignore AI when on final approach or something like that, at least until P2ATC (someday, hopefully) has the ability to control traffic as well. I've been using AIG and FSLTL traffic and there's like a 90% chance I'll be given a go around due to AI.

This might help your situation if it works. There's a ground one too. It claims to control AI speed and spacing. It also gives you the ability to clear traffic ahead of you. Sounds promising, I will test it tonight.

https://flightsim.to/file/42731/aiflow

• Like 1