Sign in to follow this  
pauloz

SDK Scenery Build - Error CTD

Hi - I keep getting this error pop up and FS crashes to desktop. I have nothing else open on the PC. It seems it happens after I have been working on scenery for 15 to 20 minutes or so. My cpu and gpu temps are not high as the error indicates may be the issue. The gpu driver is the latest from Nvidia. I even reinstalled older drivers, but the error keeps happening.

"Your graphics device has encountered a problem and
Microsoft Flight Simulator will exit.
This may be due to graphics card overclocking, overheating
or due to a driver fault.
"

I am not overclocking anything on this PC

CPU and GPU temps are normal, not even close to hot.

A few days ago I did a complete fresh install of FS2020. I thought maybe something had gotten wacked. Still same issue.

PC Specs

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.19044 Build 19044
System Model    Alienware Aurora R11
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
Name    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
BIOS Version/Date    Alienware 1.0.17, 9/7/2022
SMBIOS Version    3.1
BIOS Mode    UEFI
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    31.8 GB
Available Physical Memory    23.4 GB
Total Virtual Memory    36.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory    26.0 GB
Page File Space    4.75 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection    Off

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by pauloz

What is your memory speed set to, try reducing it by 200 in the BIOS is the first thing I would try.
You can try disabling hardware acceleration.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

A bit off topic, but I am also having issues but with loading saved projects. I have followed many tutorials but still I am facing the same issue with "Project Failed to Load" error message. Its extremely frustrating. Again I know its off topic of this discussion but hopefully it catches someones eye and you know what the issue may be.

Usually that error is caused by a bad structure to the project, hence an issue with the XML file in PackageDefinitions\, or a missing directory.
Another issue is if you have the Materials directory but no actual material in the directory, that will cause it to fail to load. Remove the material package out of the PD\.XML file.
Otherwise, run the file you are trying to load through an online XML validator check, make sure no tag errors in the XML.
Backup first, but change the PackageDefinitions (PD)\.XML file to be as simple as possible where it just loads the BGL and nothing else, see if it works.
Another way, Create a new project, ensure it loads, then copy the old project into the new structure.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

No idea what memory speed is set to. It is whatever the PC was built with/as. I have not added or modified anything on this PC. Nothing has changed except this error popping up in the last week or so.