Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

DLL.XML

I installed FS EARTH. It changed the DLL.XML file. When I ran FSX, I got a flash of a warning about "is this software safe to run?". I could not click on RUN. I tried that several times but did not succeed.This happened one other time with another software that I installed, with the same result.Anybody knows how to fix that? Like I said the PROMPT happens so fast I could not respond to it.Appreciate any help. Thanks.Abe

This question is probably best asked in the FSEarth forum here http://fsearth.fsutil.com/Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This is NOT an isolated case. It happened with another program with the same result. The prompt of "is it SAFE......" disappeared in a flash.Abe

If it happened with another program then you should ask the author of that program how to resolve the problem. Which program was it?I haven't seen the poblem you describe and from the lack of responses it seems others haven't either. I suggest you ask the question in the FSEarth forum where you're far more likely to get a solution.Later... I see you have posted the question and have received a reply from Luciano.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I believe that the other 2 programs were FSDiscover and Recorder FSX.I will check on the reply from Luciano at FSEARTH.Thanks.Abe

Hi Abe,I don't have either of those programs but I'm guessing they all use SimConnect.If Luciano's suggestions don't solve it then a post in the SimConnect forum (a few below this) may help.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks again, Ray.I tried to change the internet security level to low or medium-low instead of medium, but I was NOT allowed to do that. I ran FSX again and again but no success.I'll try SimConnect next.Cheers,Abe

Hi Abe,There's a few clues here. You don't get the option to answer the question about the FSEarth running nor are you allowed to change security settings in IE.It suggests you don't have Administrator privileges. What OS are you running?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. I am the only one that uses this computer. I run everything with NO restrictions whatsoever. I am logged in as the administrator - never had any accessing problems.I do appreciate your postings.....I hope that with your help, we'll have this dilemma resolved. Thanks.Regards,Abe

Hi Abe,Hmmm, this is a tricky blighter. I wonder if there could be a problem with your user account as you should be able to change those settings in IE. Are you running any firewall or anti-virus programs? Try disabling them temporarily.See if you can create a new user account. Just a temporary one and if it's successful you can kill it afterwards. If that's okay then your account is okay.You could also try running the wonderfully named Crap Cleaner. Despite its dodgy name it really does cleanse your system and Registry of unwanted files and entries. Here's the link http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloadpage.aspx?1I think the problems you're getting with FSEarth and IE are a result of a problem with your system rather than with the components themselves.Can you attach your EXE.XML so I can take a look?I'm running FSEarth on a separate PC so I can't replicate your actions.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi and thanks again, Ray,I downloaded and ran Crapcleaner.....have not ran FSX with FSearth yet. If FSX runs ok that way, I'll definitely let you know. As far as a new user account, even though it is quite safe, I am going to wait on that until I have exhausted everything else.Cheers,AbeHere's my EXE.XML:- LaunchEXE.xmlFalseFalse - FalseFalseWheelcamF:FSXWHEELCAMWheelcam.exe- FalseFalseAutothumbnailF:FSXAutothumbnailAutothumbnail.exe

Hi Abe,I'm very confused. In your original message you said installing FSEarth changed DLL.XML but looking at my file there is nothing in there to sugest FSEarth has changed it.You have two entries in that file pointing to Wheelcam.exe and thumbnail.exe which, as far as I can establish, is not part of FSEarth. Is this something you have bought elsewhere?I have four entries in my DLL.XML - 3 relate to FSX SDK entries and the fourth relates to FSUIPC. These are all valid entries.Try renaming DLL.XML to DLL.XMX and start FSX. See if doing that changes anything. It means Wheelcam.exe won't launch but you probably know more about that product than me.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,If you look at your prior posting. You ask:"Can you attach your "EXE.XML" so I can take a look?" So that's what I sent you. The EXE.XML is running fine. It's the DLL.XML file that is NOT.Here's the "DLL.XML" with FSearth that does not run:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>Launchdll.xmlFalseFalseFS_EarthFalseFS_Earthfs_earth.dllObject Placement ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKMission Creation Kitobject_placement.dllVisual Effects ToolTrueFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitSpecial Effects SDKvisualfxtool.dllTraffic ToolboxFalseFalseF:FSXSDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllFSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllOnce I take FSEARTH out, FSX runs. Hope this would clarify the confusion.Again, Ray, I really appreciate your help very much.Cheers,Abe

Hi Abe,Yes, sorry about that. I've looked at your dll.xml and it looks fine. I see it launches a FS Earth DLL.Take a look at the TRUSTED section in your FSX.CFG and see if there's an entry for FSEarth.dll. Any entry in there tells FSX to trust that DLL when it's loaded. If an entry isn't present you get prompted whether you want to load the DLL or not.Time for bed now but I'll pick this up in the morning.For the record I'm only running FSEarth with FS9 although I do have ASX and GoFlight hardware which runs fine with FSX.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I succeeded in installing FSX SP1 on a VIRGIN FSX I have on a Hard Drive partition I am not using right now. I'll probably get to it after I upgrade with a complete new system in about a month or so. I was unable to install it on my current FSX. I did install SDK in my current FSX, but NOT SDK SP1A. Once I get my new system and backup whatever needs to be backed up, I'll give it a try.During my dilemma earlier on, as you know, I ran SIMCONNECT.MSI which resulted in contributing to my FSX CRASH.Thanks again, Ray.Abe>Have you installed the FSX Service Pack? Also, have you installed the SDK SP1A? If you haven't then try both and they may resolve the FSEarth issue. You can get them here You can get them here http://dev.fsinsider.com/DOWNLOADS/Pages/default.aspx>FSEarth uses the new interface - SimConnect - which replaces FSUIPC/WideFS.This is new technology and there might be teething problems with it.>Updating your FSX installation will also update SimConnect and may resolve >the problem.>>I have installed both and I can run GoogleEarth on my FSX PC without>problem.