Sign in to follow this  
Burge

SimBrief msfs2020

5 hours ago, djxmdjxm said:

Hi Gerald, 

happy new year! Now I've checked again. No files are being created in the folder. We might be onto something because I have used standard windows functionality to move my "My Documents" folder to another hard drive (E:). 

The "Multi Crew Experience" folder has been created correctly, though. The only contents, however, are the subfolders "Checklists" and "MyVoiceScripts". 

I have not altered any folder permissions here. And I always start MCE "as an administrator". Reading and writing should not be a problem here. 

Any specific setting that I should try?

Best

Christopher

I suggest the following...

If you have customized flows, save <Multi Crew Experience> folder found in \My documents\ folder to another location, then delete it.

Restore MCE to factory setings

Windows Start->Multi Crew Experience->Restore factory settings

You'll have to go through the wizard again. No need for speech training.

The wizard will re-acreate <Multi Crew Experience> folder in \My documents\ folder.

If it doesn't, then it's some issue with folders permissions.

If the folder is created and in the event you are using a strong protection scheme on your system with aggressive Firwall settings, make sure "mce.exe" can access the Internet.

It doesn't need to for normal usage, but for Simbrief it definitely does.

Edited by FS++

1. I've just set up specific fw rules for MCE. That did not help yet. 
  2. Thereafter, I renamed my MCE-my-documents folder, ran the factory reset procedure, wizard, and restarted. 
    ---> MCE DID recreate a "Multi Crew Experience" folder. 
  3. Now the ATC pane has changed a little - it shows the flight info with callsign, regsitration, flight rules, origin, etc. 
    Data obviously taken from MSFS directly. 
    I think this is how MCE looked before the simbrief integration was implemented.  (Maybe the factory reset had reverted sth it shouldn't have?)
  4. I click on "Get Flight  Plan" - it asks me again to supply my simbrief ID - I do. 
    But then nothing happens. Clicking on "Get Flight Plan" doesn't do anything anymore. The screen just flashes once. No "Waiting on SimBrief" anymore. Even after restarting and retrying minutes apart. 

1. Okay, so the ATC pane looks normal again - I hadn't yet reswitched to "other ATC". Now that's done. 
    I get the "Waiting on simbrief" message again. 
  2. But after clicking "Get Flight Plan" I again get the "No Data Available!" message. 
    No files downloaded to the my documents folder. 

4 hours ago, djxmdjxm said:

No files downloaded to the my documents folder. 

The issue is there.

Even when you supply the wrong Simbrief ID a default small file flight plan gets downloaded that essentially tells the user is unknown.

If it's not downloading any, maybe security settings blocking Internet access for specific processes and such.

The flight plan is requested via the https protocol.

Issues with website certificates and such could cause it to fail Check your system clock just in case

Unless 2 or 3 other users can confirm the issue, it wouldn't be wise to modify the current implementation for the sake of it.

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

The issue is there.

Even when you supply the wrong Simbrief ID a default small file flight plan gets downloaded that essentially tells the user is unknown.

If it's not downloading any, maybe security settings blocking Internet access for specific processes and such.

The flight plan is requested via the https protocol.

Issues with website certificates and such could cause it to fail Check your system clock just in case

Unless 2 or 3 other users can confirm the issue, it wouldn't be wise to modify the current implementation for the sake of it.

I am having the same issue, although I am on the MSFS edition 3.0.1.0 instead of Ultimate. On the ATC tab I have Other ATC selected. I entered my Simbrief ID number and confirmed it is correct. Click on Get Flight Plan and it says "Waiting on Simbrief" then "No Data Available!". There are no Simbrief or flight plan files in the My Documents/Multi Crew Experience folder (the folder does exist and has folders called Checklists and MyVoiceScripts in it). All other programs can get the Simbrief plan just fine (Navigraph, GSX, Fenix, Volanta). 

Just to test, I removed my Simbrief ID, clicked on the Get Flight Plan button, and when prompted I entered the wrong ID. This time I got a pop-up box saying Invalid Simbrief ID number with a message about not being logged in or an invalid flight plan. There is no pop-up when I use the correct Simbrief ID, so maybe this suggests that it's making the connection okay but there's an issue with saving the data? How could I see if there is a folder permission error preventing it write saving the flight plan?

Brian

• Like 1

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2

16 hours ago, bgonurx said:

I am having the same issue, although I am on the MSFS edition 3.0.1.0 instead of Ultimate. On the ATC tab I have Other ATC selected. I entered my Simbrief ID number and confirmed it is correct. Click on Get Flight Plan and it says "Waiting on Simbrief" then "No Data Available!". There are no Simbrief or flight plan files in the My Documents/Multi Crew Experience folder (the folder does exist and has folders called Checklists and MyVoiceScripts in it). All other programs can get the Simbrief plan just fine (Navigraph, GSX, Fenix, Volanta). 

Just to test, I removed my Simbrief ID, clicked on the Get Flight Plan button, and when prompted I entered the wrong ID. This time I got a pop-up box saying Invalid Simbrief ID number with a message about not being logged in or an invalid flight plan. There is no pop-up when I use the correct Simbrief ID, so maybe this suggests that it's making the connection okay but there's an issue with saving the data? How could I see if there is a folder permission error preventing it write saving the flight plan?

Brian

Try this.

replace the "your_simbrief_id" with the actual number in the line below.

Then copy the entire text without the quotes and paste it to your browser address field.

"https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?userid=your_simbrief_id"

Your most recent filed flight plan should show up in the browser.

Even if there is no filed FPLN or the user ID is wrong should get this at least

<OFP>
<fetch>
<userid>submitted_ID_appears_here</userid>
<static_id/>
<status>Error: No flight plan on file for the specified user</status>
<time>0.0002</time>
</fetch>
</OFP>

When MCE gets the above, it assumes either ID is wrong or there is some issue with flight plan.

Calling "https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?userid=your_simbrief_id" with my Pilot-ID works flawlessly: 

<OFP>
<fetch>
<userid>your_simbrief_id</userid>
<static_id/>
<status>Success</status>
<time>0.0312</time>
</fetch>
<params>
<request_id>64897078</request_id>
<user_id>your_simbrief_id</user_id>
<time_generated>1672825454</time_generated>
<static_id/>
<ofp_layout>LIDO</ofp_layout>
<airac>2213</airac>
<units>kgs</units>
</params>
<general>
<release>1</release>
<icao_airline>EWG</icao_airline>
<flight_number>4CM</flight_number>
<is_etops>0</is_etops>
<dx_rmk>NONE</dx_rmk>
<sys_rmk/>
<is_detailed_profile>1</is_detailed_profile>
<cruise_profile>CI 10</cruise_profile>
<climb_profile>250/300/78</climb_profile>
<descent_profile>78/300/250</descent_profile>
<alternate_profile>CI0</alternate_profile>
<reserve_profile>RES</reserve_profile>
<costindex>10</costindex>
<cont_rule>15 MIN</cont_rule>
<initial_altitude>27000</initial_altitude>
<stepclimb_string>EDDH/0270</stepclimb_string>
<avg_temp_dev>-2</avg_temp_dev>
<avg_tropopause>34845</avg_tropopause>
<avg_wind_comp>35</avg_wind_comp>
<avg_wind_dir>255</avg_wind_dir>
<avg_wind_spd>049</avg_wind_spd>
<gc_distance>151</gc_distance>
<route_distance>200</route_distance>
<air_distance>179</air_distance>
<total_burn>1364</total_burn>
<cruise_tas>392</cruise_tas>
<cruise_mach>.66</cruise_mach>
<passengers>172</passengers>
<route>LUGE2B LUGEG P605 GESKA Z711 MONAK MONA3C</route>
<route_ifps>LUGEG2B LUGEG P605 GESKA Z711 MONAK MONAK3C</route_ifps>
<route_navigraph>LUGE2B LUGEG P605 GESKA Z711 MONAK MONA3C</route_navigraph>
</general>
<origin>
<icao_code>EDDH</icao_code>
<iata_code>HAM</iata_code>
<faa_code/>

Edited by djxmdjxm
  • Like 1

I can confirm through https-logging that MCE successfully receives the fight plan from SimBrief. It's definitely the handling of the data afterwards that causes the problems. And as I understand this is not fixable, correct?

I also see the full flight plan using the url with my Simbrief ID, and get the expected error response when using an invalid Simbrief ID. 

• Upvote 1

Brian

Intel 12700K, EVGA 3080ti, Asus ROG STRIX z690-E, 32 GB G-Skill DDR5 6000, 2TB WD Black SN850, 2TB WD Black SN850X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, HP Reverb G2 v2

On 1/6/2023 at 11:05 AM, djxmdjxm said:

I can confirm through https-logging that MCE successfully receives the fight plan from SimBrief. It's definitely the handling of the data afterwards that causes the problems. And as I understand this is not fixable, correct?

Every software problem has a software solution.

Not sure, it could be the way MCE queries for the flight plan,

You can include a few options like "make sure it's the very latest filed flight plan and not the one that resides in cache (which will alwasy be served promptly).

Also not sure how Simbrief logs user activity.

Perhaps you need to login to Simbrief at least every X days or have to set it to keep you logged-in

I just typed the https line in browser and said "<status>Error: No flight plan on file for the specified user</status>

even though I am at a location where I filed a flight plan a few days ago.

When I logged in to Simbrief with user name and password, it said

You don't have any active briefings! Please generate a flight plan from the Options page.

Edited by FS++
typo

As I wrote before: MCE requests the flight plan from Simbrief. And Simbrief sends it. I could confirm it through Fiddler (https logging). I have no issues with Simbrief at all. 

The problem is that MCE somehow can't process it - and no data ends up in the folder where it belongs. 

16 hours ago, djxmdjxm said:

As I wrote before: MCE requests the flight plan from Simbrief. And Simbrief sends it. I could confirm it through Fiddler (https logging). I have no issues with Simbrief at all. 

The problem is that MCE somehow can't process it - and no data ends up in the folder where it belongs. 

MCE only processes the flight plan once the file is created in \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\z folder, not straight from the webpage or whatever you are looking at via the https request.

For now, if you're on the Ultimate Edition download the patch and manually replace files as per folder structure

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta.zip

Edited by FS++
typos

14 hours ago, djxmdjxm said:

Perfect - will check tomorrow. 

Make sure you're using "mce.exe" V2.0.1.8 as some adjustments have been made to the Simbrief flight plan creation process. A much larger buffer to receive the data in case the FPLN is extremely large and force Windows to flush the file buffers when the file is written to disk.

• Like 1