Sign in to follow this  
EI2IJB

414 broken latest beta

hi guys,

i think the 414 is broken with the latest BETA update, my game keeps crashing on the loading screen with the 414 selected, I have all my other aircraft are working fine, i rolled back from the beta and the 414 is working. 

if i boot in safe mode on the beta the 414 will not showl.

can we get a fix ASAP? thanks

6 minutes ago, EI2IJB said:

hi guys,

i think the 414 is broken with the latest BETA update, my game keeps crashing on the loading screen with the 414 selected, I have all my other aircraft are working fine, i rolled back from the beta and the 414 is working. 

if i boot in safe mode on the beta the 414 will not showl.

can we get a fix ASAP? thanks

What C414 version # are you talking about, and from which store?

Al

2 minutes ago, ark said:

What C414 version # are you talking about, and from which store?

Al

thanks for reply, 3.3.3 from ms store, ingame marketplace.

4 minutes ago, EI2IJB said:

thanks for reply, 3.3.3 from ms store, ingame marketplace.

I should have asked -- are you using a PC or X-box?  I will assume PC for now. Other users are not reporting the "crash" problem you are having.  If you are using any 3rd party addons or C414 liveries suggest you temporarily remove them from your Community folder and see what happens.  However, the MarketPlace has reported that they are having a problem processing the latest wasm code in the C414 WX radar implementation, and as a result users were reporting the C414 mixture levers (more wasm code) were stuck in cutoff (temporary work-around is to use the sim's automixture setting).   I think there will be a new C414 ver# 3.3.4 available in a day or so from the MP, but will not include the WX radar until MS figures out what is causing their problem. Downloads of the latest C414 from the other stores are not having this problem. BTW, the C414 has been out of Beta for quite a while. If your download is labeled as a Beta that is strange (or I'm confused!).  In any case, maybe best thing for you at this point is to wait for the new 3.3.4 update from the MP  -- hopefully very soon.

A good place to keep up with the latest C414 info is on the FSW Discord site. https://discord.gg/qFuWmrpJ2p

Al

hi sorry, i should add. im talking about the BETA of flightsim not the aircraft. i dont have any mods installed apart from items i got in the market inside flightsim. the strange thing is if I boot flightsim in safe mode the 414 disappears, so something must be conflicting with it and the latest beta..

7 minutes ago, EI2IJB said:

hi sorry, i should add. im talking about the BETA of flightsim not the aircraft. i dont have any mods installed apart from items i got in the market inside flightsim. the strange thing is if I boot flightsim in safe mode the 414 disappears, so something must be conflicting with it and the latest beta..

Ah, I see. I don't have any info wrt SU11 and the C414. It may well be some changes in the C414 are needed for SU11.

Al

I just purchased the 414AW from the Marketplace today (11/13/22) and I have the same issue. Sim will not load if I select the 414, but will work with other aircraft. It just locks up on start and I have to close MSFS2020 with the task manager. Not sure if it is a SU11 issue or what.

19 hours ago, Russ said:

I just purchased the 414AW from the Marketplace today (11/13/22) and I have the same issue. Sim will not load if I select the 414, but will work with other aircraft. It just locks up on start and I have to close MSFS2020 with the task manager. Not sure if it is a SU11 issue or what.

Repost from thread below:

MS is having a problem trying to encrypt the WX Radar wasm file (which they insist on doing) in the MarketPlace version of the plane with the GNS530 and WX radar. That is the C414 version that is crashing. FSW has provided them with a temporary non-WX radar GNS 530 C414 version, but they have not made this version available yet on the MP -- hopefully it will be available soon. In the meantime, what you can do is load a GTN 750 version, instead of the GNS 530 version, of the plane. If you don't have one of the third party GTN750s, you can get a free copy of the PMS GTN750 at https://pms50.com/msfs/. Put the GTN 750 in your Community folder and then load one of the C414 liveries labeled PMS50 GTN750. This should work since there is no WX radar involved. Note that even with a GTN750 version of the plane from the MarketPlace, you temporarily may need to use the sim's automixture setting since the C414 mixture control is also a wasm file.

Al

Edited by ark

10 hours ago, ark said:

Repost from thread below:

MS is having a problem trying to encrypt the WX Radar wasm file (which they insist on doing) in the MarketPlace version of the plane with the GNS530 and WX radar. That is the C414 version that is crashing. FSW has provided them with a temporary non-WX radar GNS 530 C414 version, but they have not made this version available yet on the MP -- hopefully it will be available soon. In the meantime, what you can do is load a GTN 750 version, instead of the GNS 530 version, of the plane. If you don't have one of the third party GTN750s, you can get a free copy of the PMS GTN750 at https://pms50.com/msfs/. Put the GTN 750 in your Community folder and then load one of the C414 liveries labeled PMS50 GTN750. This should work since there is no WX radar involved. Note that even with a GTN750 version of the plane from the MarketPlace, you temporarily may need to use the sim's autorudder setting since the C414 mixture control is also a wasm file.

Al

Thanks for the help. I will give this a try while we wait for MP to upload the fix. I am curious to know why setting the auto rudder to ON would influence the mixture controls.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

I am curious to know why setting the auto rudder to ON would influence the mixture controls.

Sorry -- that was a typo. Should say automixture. Fixed above.

Al

• Like 1