Sign in to follow this  
Erathost

First try AAO assigning button failed

Just downloaded and intalled AAO startet MSFS 2020 and loaded A310 plane.

My intension was to assign a joystick button (TCA A320 Stick) to taxi light toggle. So very basic stuff but I'm already failing misearably in this easy step.

But after pressing the assinged button nothing in plane happens. So the switch does not move. How can I mess up all this in the very first try?

Thanks for getting me on track here.

.spacer.png

1 hour ago, Erathost said:

How can I mess up all this in the very first try?

Is this aircraft even using default simulator events? Do you know for certain that the selected event does anything in the A310?

I haven't had time to look into that plane, but with most advanced aircraft the developers don't care much for the simulator standards and implement their own logic (LVar, HVar, BVars). 

LORBY-SI

we are talking about iniBuilds A310 the iniBuilds A310 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. So I guess this is a serious piece of work not just any arbitrary addOn from nobody.

You probably know much better what this A310 capabilities are. I simply tried to do the obvious on my beginner level to define actions to a joystick button with your tool.

So you are proposing  logic (LVar, HVar, BVars). Do u have a step by step on how to set this up?

What you initially see in the lists in AAO are the simulator (SimConnect) events that are defined in the MSFS SDK and that can be found in their documentation. Unfortunaltely, in MSFS these events have nothing to do with what you see on the MSFS controller assignment dialog. They should be the same, but they aren't. 

That being said, each aircraft developer should take care that the at least these default simulator events operate the items in the cockpit that he made. But they don't, each developer is effectively doing whatever they want. At the moment, these default events are the exception, not the rule - and with every plane method and means for external controls are different. This is a major headache for everybody, but here we are.

Until I have taken a closer look at this particular plane, I can't be of assistance myself. But AAO has been designed to make this a community job - normally, talented people in the community figure out these things and offer templates or collections of scripts for every plane, mostly on the flightsim dot to site. 

For example this one. Disregard the StreamDeck and VRI part, all you want is the "A310_AxisAndOhsScripts.xml" script file that comes with it. Those scripts you import into AAO and then you can assign them to your buttons.

iniBuilds A310 AAO Scripts & StreamDeck XL Profile & VRInsight MCP Combo Template » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI