Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

What is limiting my frame rate to 30FPS?

i7-9700K @ 4.8MHz all processors utilizations < 60% AND > 30%  with 16 of 32 MB in use
 RTX 3060Ti utilization <50% with all memory in use 1080 with two monitors

FPS stays right at 30 with no stuttering or other anomalies

DLSS or TAA with all settings at Ultra and LOD=400 FPS=29 or 30 (In Dev Mode the main thread time goes to yellow occasionally) 

Changing to LowEnd preset the CPU and GPU utilization drops but the frame rate does not change FPS stays right at 30 ((In Dev Mode the main thread time stays green all the time) 

I have looked everywhere I can think of and can find nothing that is limiting the frame rate
MSFS options (Synch on or off makes no difference)
GeForce experience - no rate limit
NVidia Control panel - no rate limit

What is limiting my frame rate?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

9 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

i7-9700K @ 4.8MHz all processors utilizations < 60% AND > 30%  with 16 of 32 MB in use
 RTX 3060Ti utilization <50% with all memory in use 1080 with two monitors

FPS stays right at 30 with no stuttering or other anomalies

DLSS or TAA with all settings at Ultra and LOD=400 FPS=29 or 30 (In Dev Mode the main thread time goes to yellow occasionally) 

Changing to LowEnd preset the CPU and GPU utilization drops but the frame rate does not change FPS stays right at 30 ((In Dev Mode the main thread time stays green all the time) 

I have looked everywhere I can think of and can find nothing that is limiting the frame rate
MSFS options (Synch on or off makes no difference)
GeForce experience - no rate limit
NVidia Control panel - no rate limit

What is limiting my frame rate?

RTSS?  That's what I use w/ my new Gsync display. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Is your monitor refresh rate set to 30Hz maybe?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Both monitors are set to 60 Hz - changing % of refresh rate in MSFS options makes no change to FPS

RTSS ?? - are you talking about NVidia Control Panel?   Global and Program specific are both set to OFF for FPS limiting

Riva Tuner / MSI Afterburner - I have "none" for frame rate limiter

Just to be clear - I can make the FPS drop by flying at complex airports with complex planes - but while flying at altitude over the desert with nothing in sight - the framerate never exceeds 30.  I know it can because "a while ago" I would see 50 - 70 FPS while flying in locations with limited scenery demands.  

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Thanks Noel!

It was Riva Tuner - I had forgotten that MSI Afterburner uses the Riva Tuner Statistics Server (RTSS) where Framerate Limit was set to 30.  I had assumed that 30 FPS limit would not be enforced by Afterburner/MSFS/Win 10 because I had specified None for "toggle framerate limiter", "enable framerate limiter", and "disable framerate limiter" in the MSI Afterburner properties tab/page.

I guess I was wrong!

• Like 1