Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

Your graphic device has enc. a problem... Bug or Fixable?

I started getting this error on an ever more frequent basis just after Christmas.  I installed the latest Game Ready Nvidia driver and it seemed to solve the problem.  Then around New Years the problem returned and was occurring on almost every flight.  

I made some changes to the Graphics profile in MSFS and the problem disappeared for several days.  Then it reappeared on about 20% of my flights.  I reverted both the CPU (i7-9700K) and graphics card (RTX 3060 Ti) back to stock, as from the factory, settings.  

The problem still occurs on a somewhat regular basis.  

Verified the GPU temp never exceeds 63-dgrees C. 

Just had the problem CTD after an hour of flying. 

The REALLY annoying part of the problem (CTD) in leaves Steam in a state where it thinks MSFS is still running but Task Manager shows no MSFS is running.  I then stop MSFS from within Steam but when I try to restart the Sim - Steam says it is still running.  I then have to stop and restart Steam to get the Steam/MSFS connection back to where I can restart Steam.  

Occasionally, like right now!, even after restarting Steam it keeps telling me that MSFS is still running.  The only I can make Steam work is to RESTART windows.  A real PITA!

I never had the this problem prior to late December 2022.  My hardware has been unchanged for over a year.  The only thing I added was a new 48" OLED display so I can run MSFS at 4K.

What the heck is going on?  

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Those of you with this problem, are you running in DX12 mode?  

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 1/13/2023 at 7:29 PM, Mace said:

Those of you with this problem, are you running in DX12 mode?  

I was on DX12.  I switched to DX11 with no other changes and have had no graphics CTD in four sessions and three hours of flight. 

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Now I am getting annoyed!

I have my CPU and GPU carefully overclocked.  I run all the 3DMark CPU and GPU benchmarks and stress tests with no problems, artifacts, or overheating.  I can run GPU stress tests with TimeSpy Extreme on an endless loop with no problems.  I also stress test with Kombustr4, NovaBench, Unigine Heaven BenchMark 4.0, and GeekBench 5 with no problems.

But, MSFS is giving the Graphics error message before the initial splash screen (running DX11)

I know how much I have to lower the GPU OC but why in the world can all those GPU stress tests run OK yet MSFS quits on me?

Edited by TacomaSailor