Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

GSX A320 Pushback

Hello all! 

I find that the pushback vehicle seen below for the Fenix A320 is way too big and doesn't really fit. Any way to disable that pushback vehicle for the A320? I just want to use the smaller tugs. 

handling_03.jpg

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Yes, you can do this by customizing the aircraft options section in GSX Pro.  I have not needed to do this as I use the Fenix A320 and GSX already has a custom file for that plane.  I am a new user myself, but I think what I said is correct.  The instructions to do this is in the manual I belive.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

58 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Yes, you can do this by customizing the aircraft options section in GSX Pro.  I have not needed to do this as I use the Fenix A320 and GSX already has a custom file for that plane.  I am a new user myself, but I think what I said is correct.  The instructions to do this is in the manual I belive.

What custom file for the Fenix A320? Is it included with the FSDT installer or do I need to download it separately?

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I am a new user myself, but I think what I said is correct.

Pretty sure you're not correct. You can customize all kinds of things but you can not exclude any pushback trucks. It's something that has often been asked in the fsdt forums. Happy to be proven wrong. 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

6 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

What custom file for the Fenix A320? Is it included with the FSDT installer or do I need to download it separately?

I think this is what I was thinking of

https://flightsim.to/add-ons/fenix-simulations-a320/gsx-pro/last-released/1

6 hours ago, NovemberUniform said:

Pretty sure you're not correct. You can customize all kinds of things but you can not exclude any pushback trucks. It's something that has often been asked in the fsdt forums. Happy to be proven wrong. 

Alas, you are correct.  I just noticed that it changed after I did an update for GSX, however I must have changed the loaded weight in Fenix by coincidence.  However, I do recall reading about this and it is changeable via the .cfg file but not from the interface dialog.  I understand some folks have done this using the Developers suggestion (pasted below):

"The only way to exclude the towbar variants from the A320 is to edit their SIM.CFG files and change the weight constraints:

• Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Pushback_M1A\sim.cfg
  • Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Pushback_TMX_150\sim.cfg
  • Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Pushback_Trepel_280\sim.cfg

They all contain a line with a "condition" command, like this one on the M1A, which is the smallest one:
condition = %(aircraftWeight)g < 90000
This is Lbs so, considering the A320 empty weight is 87000 lbs, if you change the line in ALL 3 files to be like this:
condition = %(aircraftWeight)g < 85000
You should never see the towbar tug on any A320, but of course on any other airplane heavier than that.
Note that, after doing those changes, you must remove the airport/model cache folder:
c:\ProgramData\virtuali\couatl\msfs

And of course, keep in mind those changes will be overwritten by running the FSDT Live Update."

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

And of course, keep in mind those changes will be overwritten by running the FSDT Live Update."

Thanks, I didn't know. That fact makes it a little inconvenient, though. The best solution would be to have a parameter in the GSX config for all the aircraft.

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px