Sign in to follow this  
sunwave

Trying to Improve Default 738 Flight tuning

Hi,

I was trying to search with Google Search for modifications for a more realistic flight tuning for the default B738. The only thing I was able to find was fuel_flow_scalar = 0.74 which I used. Mainly looking for aircraft.cfg edits for flight tuning and handling. I hope someone here may have improved theirs and willing to share all the proper lines to change and the values. 

Thanks

me1900 

Doyle Edwards

There is more to it than aircraft.cfg files.  You would also need to improve the .air files.  Rather than spending time with the "default" 737, I would recommend finding something like a POSKY 737-800 freeware aircraft that will be way better in the long run.  I found the POSKY models way better than the default.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

9 hours ago, charliearon said:

There is more to it than aircraft.cfg files.  You would also need to improve the .air files.  Rather than spending time with the "default" 737, I would recommend finding something like a POSKY 737-800 freeware aircraft that will be way better in the long run.  I found the POSKY models way better than the default.

I did have that in mind. One thing that stops me from using a Posky is the fact the autobrakes Posky uses don't work based on experience. I figured something temporary until I can buy the ifly Jets 737ng. Cannot buy the PMDG 737ngx because no online store has it. $55 usd isn't to bad for a study level add-on and thankfully it is still available. But a guy just has a flying bone and wants to fly something with good physics in FSX-Steam edition. If there is a way to fix the autobrakes gauge in the Posky, i will be willingly and happy to try it.

Thanks for replying,

me1900 

Doyle Edwards