Sign in to follow this  
Ed Gilbert

Help with SHIFT function

Hello everyone

It's fixed! I have the SHIFT function working and LINDA is again accepting new commands! The fix?  I replaced the 2 LINDA folders with older ones that worked. Moral of the story, make backups!

This all started when I wanted to take the A2A Mustang module, named WoP3_P51D, and split it into two modules named A2A P-51 MIL and A2A P-51 CIV. I wanted this because I use a second Saitek panel for the CIV and it covers the original ignition for my MIL pit.  I wanted to use the SHIFT function for the rotary; unshifted for AP knob and SHIFTED for ignition.

In another post I had asked for help in duplicating and renaming the Mustang module which I got working.  During this process I must have messed up LINDA.  I was not aware of this until I started part 2 of my mission and could not get the SHIFT function working.

So right now I'm using the WoP3_P51D module for both the MIL and CIV with LINDA handling the AP and ignition using the SHIFT function. I'll work on duplicating and renaming the files MIL and CIV another day.

Many thanks to Masterius for sticking with me on both the duplicating and renaming project and getting the SHIFT function setup!

Take care

Ed

Hey Ed,

I'm glad you got it all sorted out and everything is working for you now. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

Moral of the story, make backups!

Yup! And LINDA makes that easy, too. Select "MAINTENANCE" on the far right, which opens up a page that includes backing up and restoring the Modules folder (including FSUIPC, LINDA, LINDA configuration and associated files). 

Safe and fun flying!

~Masterius

Edited by Masterius