Sign in to follow this  
jr6000dk

X-Plane 12 FPS Loss

I run XP 12 on a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz - RX 6600 XT - AMD Andrenalin 22.11.2  and i use X-World and Global Forest and settings on high and i run 35-60 FPS with default aircrafts, if is use plugins like avitab or other i get a FPS drop to 17-20 FPS, the same problem is when i use 3rd party aircraft like Aerobask that use  plugins, then i get a FPS drop also :-) Have an other sim that runs on Vulkan and there is no issues, here i get hight FPS 60+ so i don't think it's the driver :-) Have tried to reset XP 12 - but it didn't help - Turn the settings down just put it up to 22 FPS with plugins enable - So for now i just use it without any plugins and then i have 35-50 FPS 

• Like 1

You are not alone. I can confirm that on the current RC6. Since entering the RCs the performance went down as soon as you leave the default aircraft and/or play with plugins. I assume the third party devs have to do a lot of work before we see performace similar to XP11. If you see some other threads about the (put some superlatives in here) current state of XP12 I always ask myself if we all see and test the same!? Obviously not 😄

Cheers T.

• Like 3

Yes performance went down through the beta-RC process. I can only assume that the dev teams ( Laminar and third parties) will optimize over the next few months. 

right now, if you are certain that your settings are appropriate for your hardware, nothing much to do but wait. 

I have a 5800x3D and a 3090Ti and performance is not great. It’s not the hardware. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, i was thinking the same, need for performance optimization from LR and 3rd parties - We must just have patience and wait 😁🙄I think they release it in final to early 😦😦

Edited by jr6000dk

This is because of SASL (which most 3rd party aircraft use) and AMD hardware/drivers. We all get them. Try reverting to 22.5 driver and see if it improves.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

3 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

This is because of SASL (which most 3rd party aircraft use) and AMD hardware/drivers. We all get them. Try reverting to 22.5 driver and see if it improves.

Thanks i will try that and see if it helps :-)