Sign in to follow this  
Petraeus

A slow learner

This afternoon I flew from LSZH to LTGS. I'd never been to LTGS before, so I ticked the 'Learn destination' box, on the assumption that a 2-hour flight would be enough to learn some of the aircraft that use that airport. (And I have the Pro edition of RealTraffic).

When I got to LTGS, I was the only aircraft there. PSXT told me that it had updates on 49 aircraft, but 'No static aircraft to be parked, there are no parking options, let it learn the airport first'. Does this mean that the 'Learn destination' tick box is not the same as running Learner?

Petraeus

On 12/19/2022 at 6:47 PM, Petraeus said:

Does this mean that the 'Learn destination' tick box is not the same as running Learner?

No it does not, they are the same, but maybe there was no ground traffic at LGTS in these two hours? Or there never will be because of the transponder policy at the airport?

Question: what exactly do you mean with " PSXT told me that it had updates on 49 aircraft, "?  PSXT_MSFS or PSXT_Learner?

Would you not have to restart PSXT for it to apply those 49 learned parking updates at some point prior to your arrival?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

19 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Would you not have to restart PSXT for it to apply those 49 learned parking updates at some point prior to your arrival?

No, it gathers that info automatically. 

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Question: what exactly do you mean with " PSXT told me that it had updates on 49 aircraft, "?  PSXT_MSFS or PSXT_Learner?

PSXT Learner.

Petraeus

1 hour ago, Petraeus said:

PSXT Learner.

So not a slow Learner, 49 in two hours....

What does the LTGS.xml file look like? Do you see these approx 49 entries?

Do you have an updated_airports\snapshots\LTGS.xml file with the aircraft that were at the gates in real time when you landed?

Just to clarify, my mistake, I should have said LGTS (Thessalonica) not LTGS, not that that is relevant in this context.

The 49 updates had come from an earlier Learner session - I didn't note how many from PSXT in learner mode while I was flying.

The odd thing is that there are no entries for those planes in the LGTS.xml, just parking positions. Although I misquoted the ICAO code earlier, I'm sure I had a valid learner session - I always look for the Airport name to appear in Real Traffic and the code in Learner.. But maybe I screwed up somehow.

Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus