All,

I wonder if I can garner some advice,

I am in the market for a new Monitor at the moment I run a Dell 27 Gaming Monitor -S2721HGF 1920x1080 and sit an arms length away from it.

Getting older and eyes getting worse especially in the cockpit of a320 airliner type aircraft.

Present computer specs as follows Asus RTX3080 10Gb, I9-12900KF 3.20GHz, 32GB Ram, Win11.

Would I be best to stick with a 27" 4k Monitor or increase up to a 32 (and would this create a performance hit?)

Looked at no end of sites trying to match a monitor with this card and it seems confusing/contradictory so though I'd put it out here... probably have about £300-400 to spend.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.

Regards

Nic

Edited by Nicholas Jackson

With that rig, I would expect you'd be able to comfortably run 4k (you won't get the fps as your current hd monitor, but it should be more than adequate). Screen size is not relevant to performance,  just image quality. For my personal preference, go big or go home. 32" is too small! 😁

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

@Nicholas Jackson, just above your budget but this is a quality monitor from Dell.

2560*1440 is a halfway house between 1920*1080 and 4K. The higher resolution and larger screen should be a nice upgrade for you. It’s an IPS panel which is high quality.

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/productdetails/apd/210-bdgb/monitors-monitor-accessories#support_section

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/p3223de

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Sorry for the tardy reply...real life and everything. I did get a Monitor after a lot of procrastination and eventually plumbed for a LG UltraGear 27GN850-B,27",1440P,144Hz monitor. Size was governed by the amount of room I had. All in all pretty pleased with it.It seemed to Garner some good reviews across various sites.

Regards

Nic

• Like 1