Sign in to follow this  
juyttewaal

Streamdeck Profile Editor

Hi,

I own and use Lorby Axis and Ohs all the time. Since Streamdeck software version 6, the Profile Editor from Axis and Ohs doesn't work anymore and it's a great loss...Is there any hope for a new version compatible with this new software?

Thank you,

JU

10 hours ago, juyttewaal said:

Hi,

I own and use Lorby Axis and Ohs all the time. Since Streamdeck software version 6, the Profile Editor from Axis and Ohs doesn't work anymore and it's a great loss...Is there any hope for a new version compatible with this new software?

Thank you,

JU

Not with the full functionality, no. Elgato chose to make sure that an app like this can no longer work. The GUIDs identifyling profiles, sub-profiles and images have been encrypted with version 6 of the StreamDeck software, so creating new profiles or even just following folder or profile reference actions is no longer possible.

The only thing it still can do is pull actions around between existing profiles. I have a working prototype, but I am unsure if I should release it. There is a high risk that using it may break other things that are not immediately apparent. It works for me, but it may not work for anybody else, or worse, it may compromise a working StreamDeck setup in a bad way.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you so much for trying, I don’t understand why Streamdeck hasn’t proposed a system themselves to work easily around multiple profiles.

JU

Same problem here, hope there is a solution. I use the AAO profile editor to edit "32 button" profiles to use for my own 15 button Stream Deck.

The V6 prototype of the editor is available for download on the Lorby website.

It has a few limitations that can't be overcome. Most importantly, you have to create empty profiles in the Elgato software, you can no longer do it in the editor.

Make sure to create a backup of your "\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\ProfilesV2" folder, either manually or using the backup feature of the editor.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The V6 prototype of the editor is available for download on the Lorby website.

It has a few limitations that can't be overcome. Most importantly, you have to create empty profiles in the Elgato software, you can no longer do it in the editor.

Make sure to create a backup of your "\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\ProfilesV2" folder, either manually or using the backup feature of the editor.

Great, just tried it and it works excellent 😃👍

Many thanks Lorby_SI

For me, the Editor doesn't show any Profiles. Did Elgato break things again or am I missing something?

On 1/24/2023 at 12:22 PM, Morriz said:

Great, just tried it and it works excellent 😃👍

Many thanks Lorby_SI

Hoping to find help:
I have the latest Editor from Lorby (1.08 b02)  (last updated: 21.10.2023).
I have created an empty profile in ElGato.
My StreamDeck+ software is 6.4.1.19697, purchased and downloaded from ElGato last week.
I have a full 8 x 4 original profile up top and my empty ElGato profile below.
However, I cannot drag and drop.
The only thing I notice is that clicking on any box highlights the border in light green, but nothing else reacts.
I've tried dragging/dropping and  Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V.
Neither right-click nor left-click give any options...
Does anybody have an idea?
Thanks for any insights.
Especially Many Thanks to Lorby for an incredible bit of software!😁

1 hour ago, Miggyfr said:

Does anybody have an idea?

That seems to be the case for some people (two, including new).

I'm sorry, but I have no idea why Windows wouldn't let you drag the Actions. The Editor doesn't have a custom GUI, this is all Windows Standard/Default functionality.

LORBY-SI

On 11/24/2023 at 4:53 PM, Lorby_SI said:

That seems to be the case for some people (two, including new).

I'm sorry, but I have no idea why Windows wouldn't let you drag the Actions. The Editor doesn't have a custom GUI, this is all Windows Standard/Default functionality.

I guess nobody knows what Win11 does, and doesn't do.
When you said that it was a simple Windows drag&drop, I rebooted into my previous WIN10.
I installed your AAO stuff under Win10 and, lo and behold, it worked fine!
So, Trials and Tribulations of Windows 11🙄

Then I found that ElGato has a Mobile (iPhone/iPad) virtual Stream Deck (multi-dimensions).
It has a free 1 month trial, thereafter various subscription options.
It allows me to copy from one profile, switch to the next profile and paste.
More laborious than your drag&drop, but much easier (for me) to not have to reboot between Win11 and Win10....
Plus different ElGato databases - I haven't even gone there ....

Hopefully Win11 will stop putting tire-puncturing nails on the roads, like they did recently with the TaskBar!😜
Thanks to Lorby/AAO for all - your AAO linkage between Stream Deck and MSFS works beautifully!

Just came across this.  Having same W11 issue with copying.  Feature request as a bit of a workaround.  Provide a means to print AAO Stream Deck documentation.  I know that SPAD has this feature.

Thx.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, n116dh said:

Feature request as a bit of a workaround

?? What do you mean?

Provide a means to print AAO Stream Deck documentation.

I have no idea what you mean by that.

I know that SPAD has this feature.

Good for them. What feature?

Be mindful that the StreamDeck Editor and the StreamDeck plugin are just hobby projects. They are not part of the payware distribution of AxisAndOhs and only supported if and when there is time. It says as much in red text on the downloads page of the AAO website.

Just for the record, I am using Win11 too and I don't have this problem with the StreamDeck Editor. I checked on multiple computers.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I do very much appreciate all your efforts and timely responses.  Before I landed on purchasing AAO, I tried SPAD for a while and it provides a way to print out all of the properties of the various elements on a profile by profile, page by page, element by element basis.  Wasn't to sure how difficult that might be.  Just thought I'd ask.  

As for the W11 issue for me and a few others... The editor used to work for me but maybe a Window update introduced something.  Do you suppose there might be some kind of runtime package the needs to be installed or upgraded?  Thing is that most of the downloadable profiles are for the older (more buttons than the SD+)  So now I can' t use the editor to get them into my SD+ profiles to do as use suggest in other posts.

Thanks again.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, n116dh said:

profile by profile

What is a "profile" in this case? What is it "printing" - the StreamDeck profile? The aircraft configuration = the buttons and knobs and scripts? What is the use case here, what kind of information are you hoping to gain from this? Obivously the information in that print will have to be limited to the bits that are important to you - otherwise every single button assignment will fill have a printed page with codes that don't mean anything to you as a user. Personally, I don't think that this will be helpful in any way. You could just as well open the AAO database XML file in a text editor.

Unfortunately or fortunately I have zero issues with my apps on Win 11. I have no idea whatsoever why it would do that to people. As said before, this is not custom code, it is a standard feature in WPF. Maybe some kind of graphics enhancement tool? 

On the other hand, I can't rule out the possibility that you have "something" in your StreamDeck profiles that effectively breaks the editor and it just cannot work correctly anymore. There must be dozens of plugins out there with thousands of possible SD Actions. You never know.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Ahhh  I didn't know (probably should have) that the AAO database is xml.  I will take a look see.  Might be an xml print dump utility somewhere.  I wish I still had access to SPAD to show an example but my demo time ran out when I chose to use AAO.

I have full backup of my SD+ profiles.  I think I'll remove them piece by piece to see if that is the issue.