Sign in to follow this  
DeltaNiner

Add missing msfs airfields

Hello, 

In order to make learning atc procedures more intresting, i'm using neofly to give me some missions, and i'm trying to make them as close to reality as possible, with vfr navlogs, fuel calcs etc. 

So I create a vfr plan on littlenavmap and import it to pilot2atc. But is seems that are many airfields missing (these are airstrips witout atc,  I think are uncontrolled areas), so p2a dosent accepts the plan. I' ve verified these airfields with skyvector and they do realy exist, its not a neofly's imaginery airfield. 

Is there a way to add them to p2a database?

Its not so critical as I believe I can do a vfr flight without plan on p2a(havent tried yet). But i was wondering about it. 

Thank you. 

Use Taxiway Mnt to Import the Taxiways/Runways from MSFS after using MakeRunways to extract the information from MSFS.

Make Runways can be obtained from https://www.fsuipc.com

After you have run MakeRunways according to their instructions.  The current version is 5.13 

1. Start P2A
  2. Select TaxiMnt
  3. Select the Import Scenery tab in TaxiMnt
  4. Select the top source (P3D/MSFS Folder …) and select the MakeRunways folder location using the button to the right of the text box
  5. If you want to import everything in the scenery, check all the options to the right of the purple box
  6. Press the Import Taxiways From All Airports button then wait about 10-15 minutes as it does the imports.  You will get a popup window when it’s all done
  7. Press the Import Gates from All Airports button and wait again for a while until the popup appears.
  8. When all is done, close the TaxiMnt Window, Answer Yes to save the data, if it asks
  9. Shut Down P2A
  10. Restart P2A and it will now be using your Scenery data for Taxi instructions

There are also instructions in the Operations manual on how to use Taxi Mnt more fully.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I followed the steps but no luck.

I've got the messages as you can see on the attched pictures but no airfields are inserted. (The Taxi Maintainance Window closed but didn't open, as is written on the message)

I did the test on 1WA2, which i can find on SkyVector and as well is included on Runways.txt of MakeRunways created.

Does it matters that my MakeRunways files are outside the MSFS community package folder?

spacer.pngspacer.png

No, the location of the MakeRunways files doesn't matter, as long as they're all there.

The airport will only be imported if it has runways in the r5.csv file and also is in the runways.xml file, which seems to be the case for 1WA2.

I will look into it.

Dave

• Upvote 1

I found some problems with the import logic for these small airports and fixed it in the 2.6.4.2 Beta 1, which is now posted on the Public Betas page of the p2atc.com web site.

I tested and can now see runways at 1WA2 and add it to a flight plan, etc.

Dave

Hello Comunity, hello Dave!

I am still in trial P2A and i really enjoy it so far. My Problem is, that I only fly very small Airports. In this Case it is KLOS, California Valley, which is included in vanilla MSFS, but not in P2A. So i followed your steps above, but I can not get the Airport to appear in the programm to make a Flight Plan. As you can see in the Picture below, I have all Data in the Taxi Management Tool (and it is saved, because i have reloaded multiple times). I could not find any information about the hand over from Taxi Mnt to the Main programm beside saving, nor where the adopted data is stored. I even tried to add a parking position to KLOS to see, if I can trick it this way into the main programm. Maybe I missed a step or I have made a mistake setting up the programms. What I am doing wrong?

I use P2A Beta7L and yes, I restarted the Programm multiple times. - btw, the import of the taxiways and gates took way more then one hour, which i did several times till now. Maybe there is a problem?

spacer.png

Thank you very much for your help! 

It can take that long to import all airports.  So it seems like you got the import to work.

An airport does not need gates, but must have a runway defined in TaxiMnt in order to be flyable.  Based on the image, assuming there is an entry for KLOS that has the airport info, like position, but just not a runway, then you could likely add a runway in TaxiMnt, set it's properties on the Runways page to be for Landing and Takeoff, Save, close P2A, then restart P2A and you would have an airport.

Dave

I did not tag the "Show Taxiways" at the last Screenshot, but I had a runway in the above version. Anyways, I have redone all steps again, started with the makerunways programm and importing the data with Taxi Mnt Tool. Same result: The airport will be loaded and found in the Taxi Mnt Tool via ICAO code, but can not be found via the main programm - so no flightplan is possible and can not be loaded from the Little Navmap export.

Here you can see the Runway:

spacer.png

The Runway preferences shows:
spacer.png

It takes longer to load the program when you include the "extra" airports, not found in the AIRAC data.  So, there is an option on the Config->FltPln tab under Misc Options toward the bottom to "Only Use AIRports in AIRAC Data".  This is turned on by default.

Check to be sure you turned that option off.  Then restart the program again and it should load all airports on each start after that.

Dave

If I could sing, I would sing you now "Hero" of the FooFighters!
Thanks a lot for your Help, this was a 'little' hidden 🙂 - The function of this option is only described for itself in the instructions (under Misc Options) and is not mentioned in the Taxi Mnt chapter. A warning or a reference to the Misc Options would be good here, because the sentence "If you've added scenery that includes airports not in the AIRAC data, if they have defined runways and taxiways, they'll also be imported from MakeRwys." suggests that the runways will appear without AIRAC. That was the reason why I did not look further here.

Glad it's working.

I'll add a note in the TaxiMnt Import instructions.  That feature was a late addition and did not make it into the TaxiMnt documentation.

Dave