Sign in to follow this  
Breenild

LNM and encryped msfs sceneries

We all know, that LNM actually can't read the sceneries bought in the MSFS store, because they have encryped .bgl-files. And actually I have quite a lot of them.

So it would be really nice to see them in LNM like the other ones...

Little Excursion:

Until a certain Version GSX had the same problem. For encrypted sceneries it worked quite BAD, because it also couldn't read the data from the .bgl-files.

But since a newer version I can check an option in the settings and then GSX is able to read the encrypted .bgl-files. As far I have  heard, there is now an API function in msfs to get the important values.

Alex, can you maybe check, if there is the opportunity for LNM to use this API as well to get the needed information from the encrypted sceneries? This would be GREAT!

ohh ok. but perhaps this would be enough to mark this sceneries as ADD-ON in the Map with that yellow circle around the symbol?

spacer.png

Edited by Burkhard Bickmann

On 1/4/2023 at 4:18 PM, albar965 said:

I already checked this API but it only provides basic information like runways. No aprons, no taxiways and no parking. This would not help at all.🤷‍♂️

Alex

when I think about that, there must be a way to get more informations.

GSX is able to get informations about parking positions, taxi lines and so on out of this .bgl's!

Just now, Burkhard Bickmann said:

ohh ok. but perhaps this would be enough to mark this sceneries as ADD-ON in the Map with that yellow circle around the syymbol?

Sorry, no. LNM cannot even detect if there is an airport in there or not. 🤷‍♂️

Alex

Just now, Burkhard Bickmann said:

GSX is able to get informations about parking positions, taxi lines and so on out of this .bgl's!

The API I've seen does not provide this information. No idea what they are doing.

Frankly, I'm not really keen to jump through hoops for their Digital Restriction Management. This all is not an issue with FSX, P3D and X-Plane.

Alex

If somebody has a link to the magical SDK circumventing the DRM I might consider it. Probably.
The official SDK download and documentation has no such API as far as I can see.

Alex

The developer of GSX has detailed how he has managed to get this to work in this post. I hope that this can be made to work with LNM too so that it can read encrypted airports.

Edited by Divij

3 hours ago, Divij said:

I hope that this can be made to work with LNM too so that it can read encrypted airports.

Sorry, no idea when and if. This is an insane effort to add this on top of the scenery library.

Alex

Hello Alex,

please allow me to come back to this topic after a lot of months,

I would like to ask again, if it would be possilbe to simply mark those encryped airports as "addon-airports" even without getting detailed informations.

This would be important for me because I like to generate random flights from an addon-airport to an addon-airport.

But when this generator doesn't notice the majority of my addons because of this issue, then its sad.

Ok, I have the ability to select airports manually as addon airports, but these airports were not chosed in the random flight generator (imho).

Maybe you can check again if there is something changed in the api or you have now time to implement this.

1 hour ago, Burkhard Bickmann said:

I would like to ask again, if it would be possilbe to simply mark those encryped airports as "addon-airports" even without getting detailed informations.

Sorry, this is not possible since there is no way to detect the airport ident, position or name in such an encrypted add-on.

Alex