Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Duncan Airport - CAM3

Has anyone installed the add-on scenery for the Duncan CAM3 Flying Club?It works, and looks lovely, but there is an annoying land ridge in front of the touch down area that interferes with the glidepath..

Bert

Hi neighbour,Which CAM3 scenery is that? Could you provide where to download and the zip please?Gary

The file is called cam3_duncan_b.c.zip The airfield is there in perfect detail !However, this one has an elevated road I do not like much.. : - )Search the file library for CAM3The second, newer file has the land ridge..

Bert

Hi Bert, That scenery was, as stated in the readme, developed by Bruce Ellison, a talented gentleman who has also produced other excellent sceneries which you can find either here or at Flightsim.com. I'm the "Gary" he mentions who took the many many photos of CAM3. He was able to capture much of the minute detail which can really only be appreciated by flying a helo low and very slow or alternatively driving one of the available vehicles around the area. If I remember this scenery is not really fully compatible with FSX or, now even with FS9 as his elevations differ with more recent sceneries produced for the area. Perhaps he will update it for us if he is not too busy.Gary

Hi Gary,Thanks for the clarification. I've sent off an e-mail to Bruce,but have not received a reply. Indeed, the elevations of the 38mmesh are the culprit and a slightly expanded "flatten" definition could likely fix this. I know that there is enough information in the scenery design forums to help me through attempting to fix this myself, but if the original author could be reached, I'm sure the outcome would be a lot better !ps Really nice pictures BTW, it looks exactly like the real thing.

Bert