Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

Flight Planner will not let me add waypoints

Occasionally - the Flight Planner will allow me to specify Departure and Arrival and clicking on any waypoint or other navaid results in the ADD option but the waypoint does NOT get added.  This happens in VOR, GPS, IFR routes.  At other times the add function does not work and I also cannot move the map.  The direct route shows and zooming in/out works and the navaids show but I cannot ADD and cannot move the display.  This happens with an empty Community folder and in both Full and Windowed mode. 

The non-moving map only occurs AFTER I specify a Departure and Arrival airport.  I can always move the map if no route info is specified. 

Today I had the problem with at least 50 addons specified and could not ADD anything to the direct route from Departure to Arrival.  I closed the sim and restarted it and everything in the planner worked as it should. 

OR - If I move to another airport as the departure; the ADD function may work.  For Example
KTIW - KORS No ADD
KSAN - KORS Good ADD
KFHR - KRNT No ADD

any pair of airports in California - Good ADD

any California airport as Departure - Good ADD

any Washington (State) airport as Departure - No ADD

all of the testing above was in the SAME sim session

On another day - I can ADD waypoints to Washington routes but cannot ADD to any flight out of KSAN

I have had this problem for at least a year (the no ADD) but the inability to move the map is very recent.

Any ideas?

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

NO - this happens when creating a new flight. Never a problem loading a stored flight plan.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I have the same issue, just assumed its broken and use littlenavmap instead..