Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

AILRP doesn't scan AI aircraft

I have  followed the instructions for moving AI aircraft outside P3D v5.3. P3D has enabled that folder and AI aircraft show in sim. Nevertheless, AILRP does not make the requested scan showing 0 on dashboard. What is next to do ?

Sotiris Stavrakis

1 minute ago, sotiris said:

I have  followed the instructions for moving AI aircraft outside P3D v5.3. P3D has enabled that folder and AI aircraft show in sim. Nevertheless, AILRP does not make the requested scan showing 0 on dashboard. What is next to do ?

Hi Sortiris,

Can you post your add-on.xml configuration, and where the AI Models are installed? also can you confirm your AI models don't have a PANEL folder? because if they do, they are considered a flyable airplane and would be skipped.

Best,
S.

I removed panel folders from all AI folders and this time it scanned all 404 models I got. Yet, no new lights were added to the planes (see screenshots).spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Sotiris Stavrakis

You used the preview model to confirm? also what AI models are these? can you check the reports for errors? AI models need to follow P3D SDK guidelines of the lights will fail to show.. 

Best,
Raul

Please check screenshots. The THY aircraft is supposed to be configured correctly.

What are those P3D SDK guidelines requirements ?spacer.png

spacer.png

Sotiris Stavrakis

TFS as far as I remember has old ways of putting landing lights and not in line to how you suppose to do it in P3D 5.3.

These are very old AI models.. from FSX over 20 years old.. this is why I recommend using AIGM (is free) and it is all developed in accordance with P3D latest SDK guidelines. Landing / Taxi lights need to be done inside the .MDL file with the correct FX names.. and the rest of the lights are normally declared inside the aircraft.cfg file inside the [LIGHTS] section.

Now that airplane you showing there is sitting on the tarmac, P3D will not activate any lights until it is taxing, so that test is not helping us much. Ideally you should set AILRP in expert mode, find that model and hit "preview" then AILRP would inject the planes in all stages of flight and you can confirm if the lights are working or not.

Regardless, once again my recommendation is to use a package of AI models more modern, such as AIGM (free) or Traffict Global.. both are fully tested with AILRP and supported.

Best,
Raul

Thanks for your time Raul.

[Now that airplane you showing there is sitting on the tarmac, P3D will not activate any lights until it is taxing, so that test is not helping us much.]

The aircraft has already started to turn, not standing still on the tarmac.

[Regardless, once again my recommendation is to use a package of AI models more modern, such as AIGM (free) or Traffict Global.]

I don't agree with that, as I want to know where my AI are installed exactly, so packages are ruled out. The only way to it is the manual installation.

I prefer not to go on with AILRP, as its requirements make me lose invaluable programs like ACA2017 and FSRepaint. Those programs require P3D path and without it they do not work.

Kind regards,

Sotiris.

Sotiris Stavrakis

6 minutes ago, sotiris said:

Thanks for your time Raul.

[Now that airplane you showing there is sitting on the tarmac, P3D will not activate any lights until it is taxing, so that test is not helping us much.]

The aircraft has already started to turn, not standing still on the tarmac.

[Regardless, once again my recommendation is to use a package of AI models more modern, such as AIGM (free) or Traffict Global.]

I don't agree with that, as I want to know where my AI are installed exactly, so packages are ruled out. The only way to it is the manual installation.

I prefer not to go on with AILRP, as its requirements make me lose invaluable programs like ACA2017 and FSRepaint. Those programs require P3D path and without it they do not work.

Kind regards,

Sotiris.

In that case I cannot help you, you are trying to use custom AI models that will not work the best with AILRP since they are far too old. I am happy to issue you a refund if you like, unfortunately I cannot support AI models outside of the P3D V4 (the minimun) SDK required guidelines established by Lockheed Martin. 

If you want a refund send me an email and I will get it processed in the nest 24 hours.

Best,
Raul

Edited by simbol