Sign in to follow this  
pokes116

iPad Disconnecting from aviaCDU for PMDG 737

My first handful of flights worked perfectly. Then about a week ago my iPad would lose connection after about 20 minutes and not reconnect during the flight. The aviaServer still functions correctly on my hosting computer and I can use the left or right CDU in Firefox just fine throughout every flight.

My hosting computer is connected to the same router as my iPad. I have used both firefrox and safari on the iPad. Safari is what was working for the first few flights. I have tried to use both the QR generated code and the url. I have uninstalled aviaServer, restarted computer to clear the cache and then reinstalled. When I clear the Safari data and restart my iPad, I can mostly get it to connect again for a few minutes. But it never lasts. I get an error in Safari saying "server stopped responding."  I have read through the FAQ. My license is blue for aviaCDU FS2020. Is there an iPad setting that I might have missed? Maybe a security setting? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Seems like your iPad may be having a bad WiFi connection.

Do you have a wired device (such as a laptop or a different computer) in your network? Try connecting from there when your iPad is showing an error.

This will help you troubleshoot the problem.

If you can connect from your local PC, then it's a network issue. A mis-behaving firewall, a bad router or bad WiFi reception are your enemies.

Good luck

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Thanks Mark for the advice. It looks like it was a port forwarding permission on my router since my local machine is connected via Ethernet but my ipad is wireless. They are on the same router/network, but I had never heard of port forwarding before researching this problem. The past 4 flights have worked perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1