Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Issues with FSS - Aerosoft e-Jets175 Installation

21 hours ago, edpatino said:

I'm waiting for the correct key and most importantly, to make sure the installers are working as they should before installing the product. A bit frustrating, to say the least.

Just to share my experience so far and to prevent others about these issues.

I finally got the failed key registration problem sorted out almost after two days after the purchase. Fortunately, someone from Aerosoft directly registered the product for me in my A1 account.

Now, let's hope the issue with the installers is solved soon, in order to be able to use the product and fly the e-Jet.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

52 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Are you sure about this? I can only repeat: I also have choosen to install MSFS on another drive but it still created symbolic links under C:.

Well I am sure in my case. The whole MSFS install including the exe.xml and everything else is on my F: drive. 

@jarmstro can you post a screenshot of this folder: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\   and scroll down till the folders with "P" start

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

3 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@jarmstro can you post a screenshot of this folder: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\   and scroll down till the folders with "P" start

I cant post a screenshot because I don't know how to. And my C drive Appdata folder does not have anything in it with regard to MSFS apart from addons.

However my F: drive has three folders.

Firstly the path to the entire MSFS install:

F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1636914428-1468696108-2851818659-1003\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ etc etc etc

Secondly a folder, F:\ MSFS, with two subfolders. F:\MSFS\Official and F:\MSFS\Community.

I did not choose these folders its just how the MSFS did it.

I have nothing on my C drive apart from Windows and third party addon programs.

And people who say that the exe.xml file is always on the C drive are, well, incorrect.

Edited by jarmstro

@jarmstro

and this is my path to the MSFS install:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1103733162-3616882187-1839132291-1001\AppData\....   AND YES, THERE IS ALSO AN EXE.XML in there on my D Drive!

The fact that you seam the only person who does not find anything under AppData on Drive C, leads me to 2 conclusions:

1. Either you don't want to do the sanity check and LOOK into the AppData on C

2. Your Setup has been bugged somehow because there is no way on earth you won't have anything there

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@jarmstro

and this is my path to the MSFS install:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1103733162-3616882187-1839132291-1001\AppData\....   AND YES, THERE IS ALSO AN EXE.XML in there on my D Drive!

The fact that you seam the only person who does not find anything under AppData on Drive C, leads me to 2 conclusions:

1. Either you don't want to do the sanity check and LOOK into the AppData on C

2. Your Setup has been bugged somehow because there is no way on earth you won't have anything there

I'll check my Appdata folder on my C drive. The trouble is that it is hidden. I could be wrong but it looks to me like everything is on my F drive. But what's the point? The exe.xml that is read and used by MSFS is on my F drive. I manually edited it to get the E175 to work and by doing so it's working just fine, The Aerosoft installer didn't find it. It may well have put it onto my C drive. But that's the wrong place to put it? Whether there is something on my C drive is irrelevant isn't it? As far as I can see, everything is on my F drive just as per your D drive.

So what if there is also an exe.xml file on my C drive? The one that needs editing is on my F drive. I'm no tech expert and could be missing something but so it seems to me.

Edited by jarmstro

18 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The trouble is that it is hidden.

Open a file explorer and go to C -> Users -> your user name

then go in the adress bar for the path and add a \appdata -> hit enter

You will get this: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\ and from there you can work further

Gerald K. - Germany

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

The exe.xml that is read and used by MSFS is on my F drive

Yes thats correct, in your AppData Folder are only symbolic links.

mCkw5qU.jpg

The only thing really stored there are the controller configs under SystemAppData\wgs\...

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build