Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

Command for terrain radar

hello

whats the voxscript command  for 'FO TERRAIN RADAR OFF' for the fenix a320 and pmdg 737 , i managed to make him switch it on but cant find a turn off command

thanks

14 hours ago, ayousry said:

hello

whats the voxscript command  for 'FO TERRAIN RADAR OFF' for the fenix a320 and pmdg 737 , i managed to make him switch it on but cant find a turn off command

thanks

Just some of the many commands you can use and they apply to all planes that have such switch

your efis show terrain

your nd display terrain

your navigation display hide terrain

your nav display remove terrain.

If they are intended for use on a custom flow, that's all you need.

If you often need the FO to do that via a direct speech command and you can't be bothered to remember the exact wording to use, you can "teach" your Fo to understand YOUR natural speech as follows.

There is an undocumented feature of Voxscript that would essentially interpret whatever you want to say as the built-in speech command it's tied to.

Let's assume you're inclined to say "give me a view of the terrain on your side" (which isn't expected) wishing that he would switch Terrain on ND on his side ON. The speech command can be anything, even something that doesn't refer to radar or terrain .

In "Command" tab of MCE UI, click <Voxscript>

In "Voxscript overview" panel, click <New> and type the speech command that flows to your head effortlessly.

The new command will be listed. At this stage, MCE will tell the speech engine to recognize it, but FO doesn't yet know what to make of it since he's not trained to react to it.

Select the newly created command and click <Edit>

In next panel, enable "Verbose" option so you can hear the Fo reply. Then cick <Edit script commands>

Unlike when creating a flow where you would add many simulated commands in a specific sequence, in this case you only add a single buit-in command, one the FO knows how to handle.

Click the <Command> button. Then expand the listbox containing many of the available speech commands. In this case "your efis show terrain".

Alternatively, just type it

Insert it, test it, then add it.

The selected command will be added. Do not forget to save.

That's it, from now on, when you utter your personal speech command, FO will react as if he heard "your efis show terrain" and will perform the switching accurately.

Do the same for switchin terrain OFF, and anything that causes you frustration when you have to pause and think about the speech command to use.

Even though MCE provides a lot of flexibility with tens of thousands of already built-in commands, with grammar files fine tuned over more than a decade (thanks to feedback from users), there will always be the odd variation that isn't in the stock grammar.

Use the speech command that springs to your mind naturally and seemingly nothing happens after you speak it a couple of times and just tie it to the built-in one.

• Like 1

thanks for the detailed explaination , actually i am very good with voxscript programming now and been using it since long time , my only issue with it is finding the right command if not listed in the drop down menu,like this 'terrain radar off' it wasnt listed neither in a32xx doc nor drop down menu 'maybe in other doc would be my bad' , also that i cant have same command listed twice in same script , as an example to clear rad nav in a320 you have to press clr button twice to clear both rad navs , so i have to have the command 'right cdu press clr' twice which is not accepted by voxscript, i found a work around by finding same command in a different statement like 'cdu two press clr' but still would be better if i can duplicate inside the same script

Edited by ayousry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ayousry said:

thanks for the detailed explaination , actually i am very good with voxscript programming now and been using it since long time , my only issue with it is finding the right command if not listed in the drop down menu,like this 'terrain radar off' it wasnt listed neither in a32xx doc nor drop down menu 'maybe in other doc would be my bad' , also that i cant have same command listed twice in same script , as an example to clear rad nav in a320 you have to press clr button twice to clear both rad navs , so i have to have the command 'right cdu press clr' twice which is not accepted by voxscript, i found a work around by finding same command in a different statement like 'cdu two press clr' but still would be better if i can duplicate inside the same script

Ah, I see.

Things were modified some time ago to prevent this

You may be able to insert duplicate lines in the flow itself (Edit in Notepad). It's the Voxscript UI that checks for duplicates before accepting the next entry. You could bypass it that way.

• Like 1

A video courtesy of Davis shows this.

Only product on the market where you can interact with the crew "on your terms" litterally. Speak English, German, Spanish, any language.

No begging,  "please can we have a command to do this". You make it happen.

If the custom command is short and critical, you may want to secuire it against accidental trigger by ticking option "Requires confirmation".

<media> 

</media>