Sign in to follow this  
Muttl3y

414 Mixture Levers Not Responding To Inputs

Hi guys. I have the Cessna 414 through the marketplace on PC. My airplane ver is 3.4.3 and is stated on the content manager as being up to date. My throttle quad - a TQ6+ - is recognised by MSFS and I cannot replicate the issue with any other GA aircraft using a MIXTURE axis. 

I am using the VFHub software so bypassing the axis in the sim and attempting to map the axis in sim has no difference. Both throttles and props work as expected. I can move the in game mixture levers by grabbing them with the mouse. 

Any ideas please on how to rectify this issue?

3 hours ago, Muttl3y said:

My airplane ver is 3.4.3 and is stated on the content manager as being up to date.

As I mentioned in the other thread where you posted this issue, it may be worth redownloading and reinstalling the C414 from the MarketPlace. The reason I say this is because there was a past problem with the mixture levers because somehow MS left off the C414's special wasm code for the mixture levers in the MP C414 version and so the MP C414 had to be "fixed" (wasm code added back in) to rectify this. However, my understanding is the version # of the C414 was not changed.  I don't recall what version of the C414 had this problem, but if the Content Manager checks for updates just based on version numbers (I don't know how that works), maybe you have the version of the C414 with the missing wasm code. Just a shot in the dark thought. If however you downloaded the C414 fairly recently, then the missing mixture wasm code is probably not the issue.

Probably also worth checking that the sim has not turned automixture on for some strange reason. I had the happen to me.

If none of the above is the problem, then there is always the "standard" possibilities of a conflict with an addon livery or with some other Community folder addon. Did the mixture levers ever work correctly for you? Wonder if there could be a conflict between the VFHub code and the mixture wasm code?

Al

Edited by ark

Sorry for the late reply. Work sucks lol.

I have only recently purchased it so always had the problem. I DID get the mix lever to respond. There was a sim update and after that I could map in game. Auto mix isn't on but now when I get to top of climb and in cruise around 19000ft the engine stutters. The engine power keeps briefly going to zero  and so does the EGT. I have tried fuel boost both low and high to no avail. Whenever I try to lean the EGT violently drops to zero ten goes back to where it was. This has happened up to 24000ft. 

Another thing is that I cannot get the PDS Garmin to work correctly. It won't unlock alt hold when pressed and the VS is inop. Even after turning off the AP I still cannot get VS mode to work correctly. It works occasionally but not all the time. This is in GPS NAV mode.

22 minutes ago, Muttl3y said:

Another thing is that I cannot get the PDS Garmin to work correctly. It won't unlock alt hold when pressed and the VS is inop. Even after turning off the AP I still cannot get VS mode to work correctly. It works occasionally but not all the time. This is in GPS NAV mode.

Be aware that if you leave the MP above the green arc for more than a few minutes the engines will start to fail. Once you are about a 1000ft AGL after takeoff you should reduce the MP to be within the green arc.

I do not understand what you mean by the PDS Garmin. Which version of the C414 are you using:  The GNS 530 version, the TDS GTN 750 version, or one of the PMS50 GTN 750 versions?

None of the GPS units themselves provide VS (Vertical Speed). If you are using one of the GTN 750 versions of the C414 then it is the Garmin AP that provides a VS capability. So I don't understand your statement "Even after turning off the AP I still cannot get VS mode to work correctly."

Al

Edited by ark

Sorry for the late reply. Work sucks lol.

I have only recently purchased it so always had the problem. I DID get the mix lever to respond. There was a sim update and after that I could map in game. Auto mix isn't on but now when I get to top of climb and in cruise around 19000ft the engine stutters. The engine power keeps briefly going to zero  and so does the EGT. I have tried fuel boost both low and high to no avail. Whenever I try to lean the EGT violently drops to zero ten goes back to where it was. This has happened up to 24000ft. 

Well Irestarted the Sim and all my problems went away. Yes I am sorry, it is the TDS Garmin.

I only went up to 8,000ft but the AP worked flawlessly I dunno what happened before. I am in the air right now and about to land at FNLU I am doing a round the world and liking it so far. 

Thanks for the replies BTW I really appreciate the input my friend.

5 hours ago, Muttl3y said:

Well Irestarted the Sim and all my problems went away.

Great -- good to hear all is working!

Al

I'm having issues as well where the mixtures cannot be controlled with inputs but they move with mouse control.

I can try to reinstall but I purchased the place last week so it's unlikely that the old bug would present itself I assume?

11 hours ago, SeptemberWasp said:

I'm having issues as well where the mixtures cannot be controlled with inputs but they move with mouse control.

I can try to reinstall but I purchased the place last week so it's unlikely that the old bug would present itself I assume?

Is this a PC or Xbox install of the C414, and what type of controller and controller assignments are you using?

Did you purchase the C414 from the MarketPlace or another store.  As mentioned above I assume you checked that automixture is off.

Al

Edited by ark

26 minutes ago, ark said:

Is this a PC or Xbox install of the C414, and what type of controller and controller assignments are you using?

Did you purchase the C414 from the MarketPlace or another store.  As mentioned above I assume you checked that automixture is off.

Al

My bad! I did figure it out but due to Moderation it didn't look like I could delete and it wasn't worth responding to myself as it would have been caught in mod as well!

I was using AAO and the standard mixture variable wasn't working. In the end I had to change to another axis mixture and it worked.

I am downloading a scripts package for this plane but I was running into some similar/strange issues. Such as the L/R Alternator's when toggled make the sound like they are toggled, and I can see their state change, but the switch doesn't move. Also having issues getting the aux pumps to activate, but this is all growing pains as this is the first non-stock aircraft I've been trying to get setup.

oh, Marketplace version, I regret doing it, but it was cheaper? 

9 minutes ago, SeptemberWasp said:

My bad! I did figure it out but due to Moderation it didn't look like I could delete and it wasn't worth responding to myself as it would have been caught in mod as well!

I was using AAO and the standard mixture variable wasn't working. In the end I had to change to another axis mixture and it worked.

I am downloading a scripts package for this plane but I was running into some similar/strange issues. Such as the L/R Alternator's when toggled make the sound like they are toggled, and I can see their state change, but the switch doesn't move. Also having issues getting the aux pumps to activate, but this is all growing pains as this is the first non-stock aircraft I've been trying to get setup.

oh, Marketplace version, I regret doing it, but it was cheaper? 

I don't think the MarketPlace version is less costly than the FSW or SimMarket stores unless there was a special sale I'm not aware of.  Regarding control bindings, some of which are not MSFS default, there is info on the FSW Discord under Hardware Binding support. The Discord is at https://discord.gg/ZAQJxdNJtG .

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

I don't think the MarketPlace version is less costly than the FSW or SimMarket stores unless there was a special sale I'm not aware of.  Regarding control bindings, some of which are not MSFS default, there is info on the FSW Discord under Hardware Binding support. The Discord is at https://discord.gg/ZAQJxdNJtG .

Al

Maybe it was the exchange then vs marketplace which was quoting me in CAD? Either way it was 5-10 bucks cheaper from Marketplace, which was before I understand the ramifications of that fully. Oh well.

Ty for the discord! Will check.