Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Wyatt

Suggestion: SayIt list reorg

Hello, 

thanks for the excellent software and serious updates. I have a suggestion.

These days I fly mostly with SayIt / Speech Assistant rather than microphone. There doesn't seem to be logic about how the drop-down list is organized [or I can't see it, which is possible]. Each time I have to scout in the list where the item I'm looking for is, which is compounded by the fact the list is dynamic. For example on my current flight, I have first ArrivalRunwayRequest, then ToAltitude, a bit later I have a VFR item, then Flight Plan things, and the last item is again a VFR item.

You could reorganize the list so that items are logically grouped together (early flight at the top, approach at bottom, etc). You could also use fake "-------" items to segment the list in categories.

Thanks!

The lists are filtered by controller type, which generally lines up with the flight sequence of events.

But the best way to use SayIt is to create a list of Favorites which you use on your flights.  Then only the favorites for the current controller will show and the entire list for a controller will be about 5 or 6 phrases.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC