Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Not enough Drag Maybe?

So I dunno if this is just me, or an issue with either too little flap drag or induced drag. I'm new to flying the 414 so it's probably just me, but...

on final approach I want to keep it around 100-110 kias with full flaps...but the airplane takes soooo long to slow down after pulling throttles back to idle that she floats all the way down the runway.

When I watch YT videos of the real plane landing they dont need to cut throttles until well over the fence in the flare...if I wait that long to cut throttles the sim plane will float a long way doing this, whereas the real one bleeds airspeed alot quicker.

Seems I have to keep the plane well under 100kias on short finals...about 90 and come over fence with throttle at idle before I reach the piano keys.

I left weight and fuel at default and this is just doing patterns so she is a bit light i guess.

Any thoughts about this?